.:3:.

"You see, we recently had someone steal some of our supplies from medical. So, I sent my best guys, Dallon, Pete, and Mikey, with my assistant, Josh, to go find our supplies. I did not mean in anyway for them to do this to you and I am deeply sorry." Brendon sat behind his dark oak desk while explaining to me what had happened. His sorry eyes scanned my frame for any sign of forgiveness. Strangely, I really believed Brendon. He had a nice and secure place built. For once since the beginning of all this, I felt safe. So, I gave him a smile.

"It's okay, I get it. Supplies are hard to come by nowadays." He smiled back at me and I blushed. He got up from his chair and walked over to a wooden cabinet that matched his desk. He pulled out a glass bottle and gestured it to me.

"Whiskey?" he offered. I shook my head.

"I'm good, Thank you." He shrugged and went to pour himself a small amount into a glass. he took a sip and placed the glass down. He sat back in his chair and smiled at me.

"Tyler, you need to know the we ha-" Brendon was cut off by a disheveled Josh walking through the door with a blood splattered apron on. His mohawk was messier than ever. Our eyes locked for a millisecond before Josh began speaking to Brendon.

"It didn't work, sir. I-I need more time with the generator on." Brendon sighed and leaned back in his chair.

"How much time?" Brendon asked. He grabbed his whiskey and took another sip before playing around with the liquor in the glass.

"No more than ten days." Brendon leaned forward and set his glass down harshly.

"Ten days?" He got out of his chair and walked over to Josh "Josh, I can't let you do that. That's using too much energy. We have other people to support here, you know." he put his arm around Josh's shoulder and started leading him to the door.

"But its i-important, sir. It could save us al-"

"Now you listen to me" Brendon said in a hushed voice. He turned around to look at me and gave me a smile before pushing Josh out the door and into the hallway. I couldn't hear their conversation anymore but I heard muffled yelling that was exchanged between the two. Brendon walked back in and ran a hand through his hair and down his vest before sighing. When he caught me staring he immediately smiled.

"Care to go for a walk? I could show you around the place" Brendon offered. I smiled slightly, trying to not let my brows speak my confusion for me.

"I-I think I'll go rest up for a bit. It's been a, uh, long day." Brendon nodded his head and smiled again.

"Of course." He gestured to the door and I stood up from my seat, walking over to the door. Brendon opened the door and I slowly made my way through it. I felt his stare beating down on me, so I turned my head and locked eyes with him until the door was completely closed. I let out a breath and rubbed my hands against each other, trying to calm my anxiety. I walked down the artificially lighted hallway. 

I immediately stopped walking when I heard yelling from the door to my right. Someone is in danger  I thought. I put my ear against the door only to hear more commotion. I tried to open the door but it was locked. I began banging on the door.

"Hello? Are you okay in there?" I jiggled with the door handle more while hitting on the door. I heard a crash and the lock on the door clicked. The door openly slightly to show the same disheveled Josh peaking his head through.

"Uh, Taylor? What do you want?" Another crash came from the room and Josh quickly whipped his head around to see what it was. I tried to look through but when he turned back to me he shut the door slightly.

"I-It's Tyler... and I just heard a lot of commotion. I just wanted to make sure someone wasn't hurt." I heard a low grunt and Josh whipped his head back again and he shot me a worried look.

"I have to go."

"Wait Jos-" He closed the door and locked it while another crash resonated from the room. I heard more shouting and i slowly backed away from the door before picking up my pace and heading towards the door. I needed air.

I stepped outside and I took in a fresh breath. I bent over and put my hands on my knees, staring at the ground. This place is weird.

"Hey, Tyrell." I lifted my head only to make eye contact with Dallon. Was my name that hard to remember?

"It's Tyler." I spoke quietly, intimidated by his height and past actions.

"Right yeah, Tylor." I rolled my eyes. "I wanted to know if you will be going to the bash on Friday." Why did he care what I did? What day of the week even is it?

"The, what?" I questioned.

"The bash, you should go. It's going to be a... hit." He smiled and it made me even more disgusted by his presence. It wasn't warm and welcoming like Brendon's at all. It was conceded and mischievous. I rolled my eyes again and turned away from him walking the other way.

"Brendon would love to have you." I stopped in my tracks and looked to Dallon. Dallon smirked. "Yeah thought you'd respond to that." He turned around and started walking away. "You better be there, or I'll beat the shit out of you again." He turned back around and flashed me a wink. He laughed and continued to walk away. 

"Dick" I muttered under my breath. I began walking back to the building where medical was held. My hands flew to my ears as a gunshot echoed through the air, followed by laughter.  I shot my head to the gate where people on a tall platform all high-fived a woman with short blonde hair. When my heart finally got back to its normal rate, I continued walking with the thought of my wife and her beautiful blonde hair. 

God, I miss her.