.:21:.

"You shot my leg, you asshat! What the hell is wrong with you?"

"O-Oh my god, I'm so sorry." Hearing Josh's worried voice instantly filled me with relief; He was alive. I stood up from the ground and quickly made it into the hallway. A girl, significantly younger than the two of us, sat on the ground groaning in pain. Josh stood there in shock, hands shaking, unsure of what to do.

"Are you two just going to fucking stand there or are you going to help me up?" Josh scrambled to her side and she threw an arm over his shoulder. I ran a hand through my hair, unsure of what to do. Josh had started crying silently as he carried her over to the couch.

"God, you're crying. How have you even made it this far?" Once he had set her down on the couch he quickly made it out of the house. I tried calling after him but he was gone before I could do anything. I heard the girl on the couch whisper "pussy" under her breath and it made my blood boil.

"Who the hell are you?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Oh I'm sorry, did I not introduce myself while I was getting shot by your boyfriend? I'm Hannah. Now I would walk back to my group but as you can see, that dumbass out there shot me. So if you could give me some assistance that would be great!" She gave a sarcastic smile and a roll of her eyes. Honestly I don't know why Josh didn't just kill her, her attitude was suffocating. I crouched down to her level and I glared at her.

"Why should we help you? As far as I know, you're some angsty teenager with an attitude problem. Maybe we would help if you weren't such a bitch." She bursted out laughing at my comment and pretended to wipe away tears. On instinct, I grabbed her leg, right where the bullet wound was, and pressed down on it. I gritted my teeth as she screamed in pain.
"Okay! O-kay, fuck I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Just stop, please!" I released my grip and wiped my blood-stained fingers on the couch, leaving her sobbing. I stood with a smirk on my face. It felt good to have control.

"We will leave in five minutes." With that, I walked out of the house to see josh sitting on the porch with his head in his hands. I sat down next to Josh and rubbed his back.
"You're a big softie, you know that?" I brought him closer, wrapping an arm around him. He rested his head on my shoulder.

"I've never shot someone before, at least someone that's living. I-I thought she was a lingerer, I didn't know I-"

"Hey, hey calm down, it's okay." I grabbed his face and lifted it so he looked into my eyes. They were bloodshot and tears tracked down he cheeks, but he still managed to captivate my attention.

"We are going to give her a ride back to her group, okay? It will be alright. She deserved it anyway." I wiped away his tears. "No more crying, she's not worth it." Josh nodded his head before he looked back at me. There was something about his lips being bitten raw and bright red from anxiety that held my gaze. They were slightly parted and plump. But, I resisted my urges to kiss him and instead, landed a peck to his cheek. However, that wasn't good enough for him. As soon as I pulled away, he was pulling me to him by my shirt, and our lips crashed together. I was shocked, I could feel my heart jump into my throat, but I didn't pull away. Instead, I closed my eyes and deepened the kiss. His lips were soft and they fell perfectly between mine. But, just as fast as he initiated the kiss, he pulled away and met my eyes.

"I-i don't know why i just- I don't know what came over me. I'm so sorry-" he stopped speaking when I pressed my forehead to his, a smile etched itself onto my face.

"It's okay." I whispered. His breath hit my face as our lips were just moments apart. He nudged his nose against mine and tilted his head up slowly, connecting our lips for a second time. My stomach flipped at the touch, sending my head into the clouds. This was the moment I was living for, my strive to stay alive. I moved my lips against his enjoying every second we had together, connected. The world around me no longer mattered. The past, the future, didn't exist. It was just me and him in our own little safe haven. He was my safe haven.

A/n: sorry for the short chapter but as I promised, a new chapter!

Thanks for all the love for this story again it means the world.

Also sorry for all the author's notes

This is just getting started..

Stay sassy,
Bris

Edit: i see a lot of comments saying that Hannah reminds them of the girl on 13 reasons why and i would really appreciate it if you no longer left comments like that. The character Hannah was created before that show was a thing. Thanks. <3