.:19:.

"Your hair is way too long." I looked up from a book I was reading towards josh, flipping my hair out of my eyes.

"Says you, you have pubes growing all over your face." Josh chuckled and stroked at his manly beard.

"At least I can grow a beard." He couldn't help but smile at my scoff as I went back to reading my book. I smiled to myself, keeping my head down as he ran his fingers threw my hair; I tried to ignore his staring.

"Let me cut it." He smiled down at me. My smile faded as I looked up to him. Only Jenna cuts my hair. Shes the only one that can run their fingers through my hair. She's the only one-

she used to be the only one.

Jenna.

"Reports are coming in all across the west coast of the country. If you or someone you know is infected SEEK HELP IMMEDIATELY. If you live in these following counties, evacuate. There is no staying behind. Seek refuge immediately-"

"Stop working yourself up by watching the news. Its not even near us, Tyler." Jenna stood in front of our depressingly, now turned off, small TV with the remote in her hand. She came and sat down next to me on the couch. I wrapped my arm around her, planting a kiss to her cheek.

"You're right, Jen. I'm sorry." I planted another kiss, this time to her lips as an apology. Her smile shone, making all of my anxieties hide away at the back of my mind. She ran her finger through my hair, flipped up into one curl at the front.

"Your hair is way too long." I chuckled and looked at her. Her lovingly mocha eyes Staring at me while the rain cascaded down his body in the night- No no wait, Josh has mocha eyes. Soft, sweet, melted butterscotch eyes. Jenna's eyes were...um... Well, that didn't matter.

Her eyes met mine as she continued to untangle my hair when her fingers. I chuckled.

"You think so?" I asked, a smile matching hers.

"Let me cut it, shouldn't take long at all." I kissed her cheek one more time, just to remind myself that this angel was real.

"Okay."

I brought Josh's face down to mine and kissed him on the cheek at his offer. I smiled at him as I pulled away.

"Okay, Let's cut my hair."

"Oops."

"Josh what did you do?" Nervous laughter flowed through the kitchen. I watched as a large chunk of hair from the front of my head drifted between me eyes to the ground.

"I may have accidentally cut that piece too short."

"Josh!" I turned around to meet his sorry smile with a glare. I reached up to feel the piece of hair. I sighed. "Just cut the rest that length, it'll grow." Josh stayed silent as he went back to cutting my hair.

"Jenna used to cut my hair" I stated plainly. "Sometimes I... Never mind." I slumped down in the chair sighing.

"Sometimes you what?" Josh persisted. I fumbled with the end of my shirt between my fingers. The material was worn down thin and threads hung loose. Just as my thoughts, my shirt began to fall apart.

"Sometimes I feel guilty for thinking about her." I mumbled. "I can't get her voice out of my head whenever I'm doing something that isn't with her." I sighed again, ripping one of the loose threads out of my shirt. "It probably doesn't make sense." I watched as the broken thread fell to the tile as I went to play with another loose piece.

"It does. She is the love of your life" Josh spoke. She was the love of my life I thought. "I think like that with Ryan sometimes... And sometimes I think that maybe there is a reason it happened." I ripped out another loose thread as Josh cut the last piece of my hair.

"And what's the reason?" I pressed, standing up to wipe away the clumps of hair from my shirt.

"I met you."

It was early in the morning, before the sun was even up, that I woke myself from a nightmare. I gasped for air, my hand immediately going up to soothe my burning throat. I coughed, irritating my throat more, as tears built in my eyes. A sleepy Josh turned over on the carpet to face my sickened expression. We thought it was best to sleep down stairs, in case anything were to happen, and in my head, something did happen.

"Tyler, you okay?" Josh rubbed his eyes as he sat up from the ground.

"We c-can't stay here, J-Josh. They'll...he will find us." I brought my knees up to my chest, trying to ignore the image of being under his grasp again, controlling everything, down to each breath I took. I flinched as Josh tried to wrap his arms around me, making him pull away slightly. But I immediately push back into his chest, enveloping myself in his touch. 

"I don't think he's going to find us here, Ty." He rubbed a hand up and down my back, trying to soothe my breathing.

"N-no he is. He w-will. God... I wish he was f-fucking dead." Josh sat down on the floor and wrapped his legs around mine, rocking us slowly.

"I wish he was dead too. I can't even think about the things he did to you." He sighed softly. I felt tears track down my face.

"Why didn't we kill him?... We can't stay here. H-he's going to find us and-and"

"Alright, alright, It's okay," Josh said, cutting me off. "Where do we go from here?" He asked softly, petting the soft fuzz that now consumed my head.

"We have to go back... W-we have to kill him."