.:7:.

I scrambled for a loose pair of jeans that were laying on the floor and quickly pulled them up as Brendon stood at the door frame in shock.

"How did you- i thought you-" Brendon stepped further into my room as i looked around for a shirt. He scratched his head and looked around at the mess.

"I thought you ran off." He finally got out. I pulled on a white shirt and then started picking up all the clothes that were scattered on the floor, ignoring his statement.

"Tyler, you know I'm sorry. I really am. I don't know what got into me. I just figured we had a thing going on.I...I thought we felt the same." I placed the pile of clothes on the bed and sighed.

"A 'thing' going on? I've hardly known you for a week." Brendon sighed, his brows knotted with frustration.

"So when i kissed you, why didn't you pull back? Since you aren't obviously feeling the same as me."

"You want to know how i feel, Brendon?" I began. I turned to meet his frustrated eyes. "I feel like I'm just... surviving. You...you have this all figured out. You are living through this hell as if it is just a thunderstorm passing through. But not even a week ago, i was kept alive by my fear. Fear to live on for my wife...I thought I could do it for her. I deserve to suffer because of what i did to her. I deserve to live the rest of my life without love. So sorry if i didn't exactly respond the way you wanted." I unclenched my fists as Brendon's eyes dropped to the floor. He sighed and put his hands into his pockets. He looked up and tilted his head to the side. His whole demeanor changed before my eyes. He didn't have a drop of sorrow in his eyes. They were drained of any and all compassion in a mere blink.

"I don't think you understand the real power i hold around here, Tyler." He started walking towards me and i backed away from him until my back hit the wall farthest from the door. 

"W-what?" Was the only thing i managed to get out. My heart's pace accelerated with my breathing as he stopped in front of me. He placed his hands firmly on the wall trapping me. He leaned in so our faces where inches apart. I could smell the stench of his aged whiskey hanging from his lips.

(.Trigger Warning.
If you are easily triggered by non consensual sexual activities, please do not read until you see "***")

"I Always get what i want around here." Brendon forcefully crashed his lips onto mine. When i tried to move away, he gripped my jaw and slotted his leg inbetween mine, pinning me against the wall. His hands moved to grip my wrists tightly, leaving me completely defenseless.

Jenna began to sob in the back of my mind. she screamed for him to stop. Tears started pouring down my face as my body began to tremble under his touch. He grounded his hips into mine and i let out a sob as i felt my body actually giving into his movements. I felt him smirk against my neck as he bit harshly into the side of it. I strained my wrists against his hands trying anything to get out from his burning touch.

He pulled away and gripped my shirt, pushing me onto the bed. I started to back away from him as he started to unzip his pants. He quickly pulled me to him and trapped me between his legs before he ripped my shirt off.

Jenna's blood curdling screaming became the only thing I could focus on for the rest of the night.

********

I woke up to an empty bed, swollen eyes, and a throbbing pain that shot up my spine. I sat up and groaned out in pain. Jenna sat at the edge of my bed quietly crying into her hands.

"J-Jenna?" My voice was raw from crying and muffled screaming as i called out to my wife.

"How could you let him do that to you Tyler?" My heart sank to the pit of my stomach and i longed to be with Jenna at that exact moment.

"I-I'm sorry Jenna. I'm sorry i let you down, a-again." My throat screamed the urge to cry as a lump built up inside of it, but i couldn't. I had nothing left to cry out. I closed my eyes and took a breath in. When i opened my eyes, she was gone. The room was filled with the deafening silence.

I laid back down on the bed and closed my eyes, only to see vivid images from last night flash before me. I opened my eyes and shuddered as i felt his touch linger on my skin. I looked over to where my bag was placed on the chair and immediately got up from the bed, ignoring the pain radiating from by behind. I grabbed my bag and stuffed an extra shirt in there before practically running out of the room.

I passed by Melaine's office where she was tending to a child's bruised elbow. I whispered a soft good-bye to her, that i knew she couldn't hear, and i kept walking. Once i was out of the building i picked up my pace and headed straight for the gate. I stopped in front of the wooden slabs that was In Between me and my freedom and looked up to the people on watch.

"I-I want to leave" i said sternly. Dallon walked over to the edge of the platform with a rifle in his hand and smirked at me. He hopped down from the tall platform and walked over to me. He towered over me and i walked away from him slowly.

"Open the gate. I want to leave" i repeated. Dallon let out a laugh.

"Oh, you can't leave."

My brows furrowed in confusion and i looked up to the man.

"And why is that?" I asked.

"Once you are in here, there is no going back out." He gestured to the gate with his gun.

"Besides, you wouldn't last another day out there." Dallon chuckled and began to climb back up to his post.

"I don't care if i don't last another day. I want to get the fuck out of here." Dallon shrugged his shoulders and sighed.

"Okay fine. You want to leave to badly? Then go." Dallon pointed his gun at two people who were standing down by the gates.

"Let the brat out." The gate was pulled open and i started to walk out of it. I stopped when i felt someone grab my wrist and i instantly tried to flinch away. Another hand grabbed my forearm and in one swift motion i was pulled away from my freedom.

"Let go of me!" i yelled as i was continued to be pulled away from the gate.

"Do you really want to die?" I heard a voice whisper into my ear and down the back of my neck, instantly releasing the smallest bit of tension. I spun my head around and was met with butterscotch eyes drenched in worry.

"J-Josh?"

They would've killed you on the spot" Josh said. Josh looked back towards the gate. I looked up in the same direction to see the gate closing and Dallon glaring at me.

Josh pulled me into the space between two buildings. He checked around the corner to make sure no one followed us before speaking. When it was all clear he looked straight into my eyes.

"No one leaves the Peninsula. And Brendon has made sure this far that no one had a reason to leave." My body caved in on itself at the sound of his name.

"W-why can't anyone leave?" I asked. Josh sighed and leaned in closely.

"There's a lot of things about this place that you don't know about, Tyler."