.:10:.

All sense of time is completely lost in the dark. Its hard to tell if it speeds up or if it slows it down. I was laying on the cold concrete ground until my side began to cramp up. It felt like hours had past, but it could've also only been a few minutes. Either way, it was long enough for the tears to stain and the pain to stick.

Every fiber in my body ached. I was drained of everything i had. I felt degraded and exposed and afraid. And yet, I couldn't bring myself to care. I had nothing, just the dark. And for a moment, the darkness felt safe. It completely encircled my existence. It was nice to not be able to tell the difference between the back of my eyelids and the walls. But the pain made it hard to focus on anything and it eventually became the only thing i wanted to focus on. I wanted to claw off my own skin and give it to Brendon, it was the only thing of mine he hadn't taken. Maybe i'd even take a blade to the eye so he could have my sight as well. Because i sure as hell didn't want to see what he's made of my life. Only with my sight would he be able to see the damage he has done. It was almost comical to think how naïve i was. To think that only the dead became monsters. To think the only raging war was between the living and the dead. But it was only when i was left alone i figured out that to survive you must fight the dead and fear the living. The living were the real monsters.

I heard shuffling from what i assumed was coming from behind the door. Four distinctive clicks echoed through the dark, and my body froze, hoping if i was still enough i could hide within the shadows. The door was pushed open and light spilled into the room as it creaked slowly. I sat up quickly, only to wince away from the light. I squinted my eyes, letting my eyelashes block out most of the light. I saw someone standing in the doorframe hesitant to come in.

"J-josh?" I called out automatically to the figure.

"Josh is a little busy right now." I moved away from the light at the sound of his voice.

"Why are you here, Dallon? Did B-Brendon send you to off me?" He chuckled and walked into the room, and began to make his way towards me.

"Oh believe me, if i was allowed to kill you, you'd already be dead." He made his way closer to me and i push myself away from him by my heels, my back hitting the wall.

"The less you cooperate the harder this will be for you. So i suggest you stop being a little bitch and get the fuck up." Dallon towered over me and griped my arm, pulling me up from the ground and out into the fluorescent hallway. My body was weak so it made it hard to walk. I was practically dragged along by Dallon through the hall. We stopped in front of another windowless door and Dallon shoved me in and closed the door behind me. I collapsed to the ground, and it felt similar to the room before, cold and dead. I suddenly heard muffled screams and cries coming from the back of the room. I looked up from the ground to see Josh tied up into a wooden chair, unable to move his wrists and  legs. He had a rag holding his mouth ajar gagging him.

"Oh my god.." I quickly got up from the floor and made my way over to the helpless man. His wrists were rubbed raw and his face bright red and strained from crying. His right eye blossomed blue and brown and swelled to a squint. He stared up to me helplessly his eyes streaming an apology. I took the gag from his mouth and let it hang around his neck so he could speak.

"I'm s-so sorry Tyler- f-fuck - I didn't want any of this to h-happen." I crouched down, ignoring the screaming pain in my spine and began to  quickly try and undo his wrists.

"N-no Tyler, Stop." I halted my actions and looked up to him.

"We can get out of here. Together, Josh." I continued to try and break free his wrist.

"How are we supposed to g-get out? They locked the f-fucking door and their is nothing to break open the d-door. We can't fight them, and they a-always have weapons. Trust me, its going to make it worse when he finds me untied." I stood up and observed the man. I had never seen him this vulnerable before. Tears stained his cheeks like mine and he was completely ripped of any dignity he had. I knew if he could, he would cower away from me just to miss the aim of my pity.

"He will get what he deserves one day" i said with my jaw clenched. Josh's head quickly shot up when we heard the door slowly go through the phases of unlocking.

"P-put the gag back." I nodded my head and quickly placed the cloth back into his mouth. The door opened and Brendon walked in by himself. I stood closer to josh as Brendon walked in without a word. He sat down at a metal desk, one you would usually see in an interrogation room and gestured to the opposite chair from him.

"Tyler, lets talk."