Chapter 1

So this is the first story I've uploaded on Wattpad. I am open to any feedback, just comment below. It'll be great if you have any covers too 

I dedicated this story to racing heart because her stories were the first ones I've ever read on Wattpad. They're all really wonderful. Go check her stories out :D

Julia  :)

~*~

Chapter 1

 “You really have to go?” My best friend, Chris Reynolds, asked me with a sad expression as he held my shoulders.

  “Yes,” I sighed and pulled him into a hug and squeezed the life out of him, “We’ll call, text, email and everything, ok?”

  “I am gonna miss you so much,” He said as he rested his chin on my head.

  “Me too,” I inhaled the smell of him one last time.

At this moment, the announcement for the last call for my flight echoed throughout the airport.

  “I’ll come back whenever I can,” I pulled away reluctantly, “I promise, C.”

  “Ok,” He kissed my forehead, “Goodbye, Rose.”

  “Goodbye, Chrissie.” I said back and he smiled sadly at the nickname I made for him when we were kids. “Take care.”

I straightened my black cotton shirt and gripped the handle of my luggage. Tears were threatening to spill but I held them back. I gave him a smile before I walked towards the gate.

I was leaving my hometown, Ramsey. I was going to live with my father for 3 months before going to the prestigious boarding school I’ve wanted to go to my whole life- Carrington Academy. It was where all the rich and famous went. I was on scholarship. I could’ve just waited 3 months more before I left to Carrington, but my father insisted on living with him and spending time together before I left. He and Mom had divorced a few years ago. He lived near the Academy anyway.

It was heartbreaking to leave everyone, especially Chris. He was my childhood friend, my neighbor and my best friend for life. It was the most painful for him. It broke my heart to see him so sad. But I had to go; this was my dream.

I sat at my window seat. I was happy to go yet sad to leave. I rested my head on my seat and slowly drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

Somebody was gently tapping on my shoulder. I decided to ignore them, hoping the person that was tapping will eventually give up. But I was wrong, instead of stopping, the person decided to push my shoulder gently. I stirred and groaned, rubbing my eyes.

  “S-stop,” I said; my voice hoarse and soft.

  “Oh you’re awake,” A deep velvety voice said, causing me to blink my eyes and open them immediately towards the direction of the culprit who woke me.

  “Y-yes?” I gaped. The man in front of me had ruffled blonde hair and beautiful eyes. He was drop dead gorgeous. He was about my age too. He was the most handsome person I’ve ever seen. He was wearing some jeans and a casual green jacket with a black shirt inside.

  “Stop checking me out,” He said simply, I was nearly loss for words.

  “I was not,” I blushed.

  “But you’re blushing.” He smirked. I just looked away.

  “Why did you wake me up?” I changed the subject, looking back at the still-smirking man again.

  “Oh yes,” He said, dropping his smirk, “You’re sitting at my seat.”

  “What?” I looked at my seat number, “But-”

  “You’re sitting at my seat,” He said simply, “This seat,” He pointed at his seat, “is yours.”

  “But-how-I-I paid,” I furrowed my eyebrows.

  “I am kidding,” He said then. I frowned. “You’re so gullible.” He laughed and smirked.

  “Jerk,” I muttered under my breath.

  “Heard that,” He said in a sing-song voice, I rolled my eyes and ignored him.

When I thought I could continue my beauty sleep again, he started talking, ending the silence between us.

  “You know I never got your name.” He said, breaking the silence.

  “I never got yours.” I shot back. He looked at me, impressed.

  “You wanted mine?” He said, smirking.

  “Nope,” I said as I started pulling out a magazine from the pouch in front of me.

  “It’s Alex.” He said like I never said anything. “Your turn,”

  “What?” He looked at me, expecting it, I sighed, “It’s Rose.”

  “So, Rose, why are you on a flight to Crimson Hills?” He asked, engaging into a decent conversation.

  “I am going to live with my dad,” I said. “What about you?”

  “Oh I am coming back from holiday to visit my parents then go to Carrington Academy,” He said.

  “Oh,” I was surprised, “I am going there in 3 months.”

  “Oh wow,” He said, “So you’re going to be a newbie.”

  “Yeah, why so shocked?” I had to ask.

  “I didn’t expect it is all.” He said as he whipped out his iPhone and started to scroll through his messages.

We made small conversations once in a while throughout the 5 hour flight. I found out he was one year older than me. And his ego was terribly annoying. Soon enough the flight landed and I let out a sigh...a sigh of relief.

I stepped out from the airplane and followed the flow of the crowds. Dad was supposed to be waiting for me with his so-called girlfriend, Angie. I found my luggage and dragged it out of the Crimson Hills airport. The minute the automatic doors opened swiftly, I spotted Dad and Angie. First off, Angie was famous. It didn’t surprise me she showed up with her sleek piano black limo. They were frantically waving at me, getting my attention.

I inhaled a deep breath. Crimson Hills, here I come.

Carrington Academyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें