Chapter 11

Hey again, this is the second chapter i promised to give today!

Julia :)

~*~

Chapter 11

My head hurt. It was like my head was having a war inside. It wasn’t a hangover either. It was terrible headache. I slowly massaged my head with my hands. Ugh.

  “Rose?” A gentle deep voice said, “Rose?”

I blinked my eyes a few times. I looked up to see a room I wasn’t familiar with. The bed I was on was oddly comfortable too. I looked to my right to see a concerned Jake. Jake? Wait, Oh My God!

I sat up immediately and looked at him. All trace of headache gone, replaced with…fear? I touched my neck feebly where he bit me. He noticed.

  “Look, about yesterday, I am so sorry.” He said sincerely. “I didn’t expect you to…come.”

  “B-but, that means,” I said, “You’re a vampire.” I said softly. Vampires don’t exist! No way, but I saw him. I saw him drink from that girl and the way she fell limp. But-

  “Yes, I am,” He said simply.

  “That explains why you were-” I gasped. “So you were drinking t-that girl’s b-blood?” The last bit of the sentence came out in a mere whisper.

  “Well, y-yeah…” He said simply.

  “What happened to that girl?” I shot back, worried.

  “She’s fine. I planted a fake memory in her head so she won’t remember.” He said.

  “What about the rest? Alex? Kris?” Won’t they get scared of what happens to me? Don’t they know?

  “They know,” Jake said calmly. How could he be so calm?

  “What? The whole school knows you’re a vampire and I don’t?!” I cried.

  “No, stupid, the whole school doesn’t know. Only Alex, Chase, Ash, Nikki and Kris know,” He explained. “They’re outside.”

  “Wait, where are we?” I asked, now realizing we weren’t in dorm rooms.

  “We’re in my house. We’re in Carrington but my house is covered by a forest so you can’t see it.” He said, face still calm.

  “Oh.” I said, relaxing more now. But then it hit me. “Then why didn’t you put a memory in my head like you did to that girl?”

  “You deserve to know, Rose. I would never do that to you.” He said. Somehow I felt touched. I blushed.

  “So you drink blood, huh?” I said, now taking in everything. Vampires do exist.

  “Yes, once every two weeks.” He said.

  “Oh.” I said in a small voice. “C-Can I see the others?” I didn’t bother for his reply. I slid of the bed and felt the cool hardwood floor.

  “Sure,” He was suddenly at the door, holding it open. I walked out and turned to my left where I heard voices. I walked straight, sensing Jake behind me. Then, I reached a living room. It was stylish and modern. All of them were there, sitting on the sofas, watching TV. Their back was facing me.

Suddenly, they all turned around; as though they knew I was there. They had glum expressions on their face, except for Chase of course.

  “So you know that Jake, Chase, Nikki and I are vampires right?” Kris said, concerned. I blinked.

  “What? You’re a vampire too!?” I said loudly.

  “Yes,” Kris said.

  “This totally explains why when you hugged me this morning you cut off my air supply.” I said, understanding. Kris stared at him wide-eyed.

Jake started to scratch the back of his head. I guess he forgotten to tell me that. I made my way to Ash, who let me sit on his lap. He kissed my cheek and I felt myself blush. I saw Jake throw Ash a death glare but quickly looked away. Was that jealousy? Why? But I shrugged it off. It couldn’t have been anything.

I looked to the TV and saw that they were watching the Vampire Diaries. I scoffed but stayed silent. They all seemed pretty glued to it except for Jake.

~*~

  “Do you kill people?” I asked them. We were all now at the Japanese restaurant. Chase, being the oh-so gentleman he was, had brought us here to buy us dinner and for me to ask questions if I had any. And boy, I had.

  “No, idiot,” Jake said, “We just drink the blood and alter their memories.”

  “Oh,” Satisfied, I threw another. “So you have super strength, super speed and all those things?”

  “Pretty much,” Chase said, eating a roll.

  “Mm,” I said, “Are there anybody else in Carrington that are vampires?”

  “Yes, of course, about a quarter of the students are vampires.” Nikki answered this time.

  “How do you kill vampires?” I asked. Chase choked on his water, Nikki patted his back repeatedly.

  “Why would you want to know how to kill us?” Jake asked. His expression showed confusion.

  “I don’t know, it’s just a question,” I said.

  “Then, no, we’re not telling you.” Chase said, pure horror written across his face.

  “It’s not like I am going to kill you or anything.” I scoffed. They shot me a look. I rolled my eyes. “Fine,”

After dinner, Nikki, Kris and I walked back to our dorms’.

  “How did you guys become vampires?” I blurted out, curious.

  “Well,” Kris and Nikki exchanged glances. “Chase changed me.” Nikki said.

  “I was originally a vampire, like Jake and Chase.” Kris said.

  “Wait, so, your parents are vampires?” I said, “Which means Mr. Carrington is a vampire?”
  “Yeah,” Nikki answered.

Now it pretty much explained why they were both utterly gorgeous. Vampires really were flawless. But I have to say, Edward was incomparable compared to Jake.