Chapter 27

Hey beautiful people!

There are about three more chapters left so...yeah :(

But thank you for all the support!

Julia ;)

~*~

Chapter 27

It was mid-afternoon and while everyone is either having lunch or chilling, I am at the library doing my homework. Yes, the one that I missed.

Trust me, I knew how to do the work, there’s just so much work. Ugh, my right hand already felt pain and I was just halfway through. I groaned.

Just then, I heard the elevator ding and Alex came out. He wore a comforting smile on his face as he made his way over to me. I exhaled dramatically.

  “So, are you here to save me from my misery or what?” I retorted, putting my pen down for the first time since I’ve started.

  “Maybe,” He answered casually, sitting across me, crossing his hands on my desk.

  “What does that mean?” I looked at him weirdly.

  “I just want to keep you company,” Alex admitted sheepishly.

  “Aw,” I cooed, “I am touched.” I touched my heart dramatically, batting my eyelashes. He scoffed.

  “I am serious,” He said, “So…how are things with Jake?”

  “We’re official,” I said, picking up my pen and averting my gaze to the dull piece of paper in front of me.

  “Oh,” His eyes widened for a second.

  “What about you?” I said back, flipping the page and glancing at him.

  “What do you mean?” He asked back.

  “Do you like anyone?” I asked, eyeing him, pausing at my work.

  “U-um…I-I-uh,” He stuttered, going red a little, he looked adorable.

  “Spit it out, Alex,” I said, crossing my arms on the desk like him, trying hard not to smile, “Who is it?”

  “I-It’s…” He looked at me with hope but I kept my hard stare at him, “Ok, ok, fine. It’s K-Kris.”

  “Kristen Miles?” I clarified. He rolled his eyes.

  “There’s only one Kris I like,” He said, looking away.

  “Why don’t you go for her?” I encouraged, hands still crossed on the desk.

  “What if she doesn’t like me back?” Alex asked, innocently worried.

  “Don’t doubt yourself,” I winked at him, and then pushed his hands off my desk.

  “What are you doing?” He asked.

  “Go get the girl,” I said.

  “N-no, not now,” He went a little red, leaning back on his chair.

  “Or I’ll drag you,” I stood up, hands crossed, dead serious.

  “Ok ok fine!” He got up and walked back, surrendering.

  “Trust me, you’ll get her!” I hollered as he left.

I sighed while smiling. Things just got a whole lot better. Alex liking Kris back solves a whole lot of persuading now. Sure he was gone; I went back to my desk and continued until I was finish.

~*~

By the time I was finished, it was twilight. I walked back to my dorm with the heavy stack of books and papers, struggling. And trust me; my dorm seemed a whole lot further suddenly.

Just as I was about to stop and rest, I heard a voice calling out my name from behind of me. I wasn’t expecting anyone. I turned to look back hesitantly, and bumping into somebody who was walking unusually fast who muttered a ‘sorry’ and dashed away. My stuff flew to the ground, the papers scattered and books opened. I huffed.

  “Rose!” I nearly forgot about the voice-caller. I looked to the general direction of the voice.

  “Sean?” I asked. This was the first time I am seeing him in Carrington. As he came closer, I recognized him. He was clutching some books and had a bag pack slung on one shoulder.

  “Hey there,” He greeted. He looked to the scatter of things at my feet. “Need help?”

  “If you don’t mind,” I smiled slightly, bending down to start retrieving my stuff.

  “Sure,” He set down his things and reached for my stuff. Before I knew it, he was holding most of my things with ease. “I’ll carry them for you till we reach the dorms.”

  “Thank you so much,” I exhaled loudly. “How I wish I had your strength.” I muttered.

  “You want to be a vampire?” He asked me, surprised, as we starting walking.

  “Shh!” I put a finger to his lips and looked around, thanking God there was nobody else, “Don’t say the V-word!”

  “What, vampire?” He taunted. I scowled.

  “Not everyone knows, okay?” I said, suddenly half-whispering.

  “Ok,” He chuckled. “You don’t have to whisper.”

  “Right,” I blushed, embarrassed.

I thanked him before taking the full load of my stuff and walking back to my dorm. Kris was nowhere in sight. Probably with Alex somewhere, I thought and smiled.

I dumped my stuff in my room and found a note on my dressing table. It was written in a neat but cursive handwriting. I recognized it straight away and grinned.

‘I enjoyed our first date. Let’s say we do another? Saturday night, meet at the Entrance Building.

Love, Jake.

P.s.: Check your toilet.’

Curious, I went to my toilet. I opened the door and gasped slightly. Sat on the toilet counter was a huge bouquet of roses in a glass vase that was filled with water. The deep red roses looked lovely. I am sure I love him now.