Chapter 8

Hey guys!

As a end-of-the-year treat, I've uploaded a chapter ahead of normal time, which is updating every one day :D yeah I know, it isn't that much but I couln't think of anything else :B

COMMENT :D

Julia :)

~*~

  “Popcorn’s on the way!” Kris cried happily as she put the popcorns in the microwave. It was a Wednesday night and Kris had labeled all our Wednesdays in advance as busy because every Wednesday from now on was Girls Night.

She started it. It was basically a tradition in the girls’ dorm. Cliques will meet up and watch a movie or something. For us, we were watching a new film that was just out. She had borrowed it from one of her friend. I was wearing a baggy pants and a tank top, my hair did in a ponytail. Kris had braided her hair and was wearing shorts and a tank top.

As we watched the movie in the living room, we talked a little.

  “Do you know who Ash is?” I asked curious.

  “Which Ash…?” Kris asked.

  “I don’t know. Blonde short hair, blue eyes…ring a bell?” I asked, hoping she’d know.

  “Oh Ash Hale.” Kris scoffed. “Yeah, total cutie. Why?”

  “Nothing just bumped into him today.” I said.

  “Oh.” Kris didn’t push.

  “You know, do you guys get to go out?” I asked, now genuinely curious.

  “Go out, what do you mean?” Kris asked.

  “As in leave the academy and go out.” I said.

  “Oh yeah, we get to. But just on weekends, usually, I’d go out to the mall to go shop for clothes and errands like food on weekends.” Kris said.

  “Oh, okay.” I said, satisfied. That totally explains her popcorns.

~*~

Yawn. Yawn. Yawn. It seemed never ending. English was plain boring. I couldn’t wait to get out of here. When our teacher dismissed us, I practically ran out of the room.

Hmm…now I had Math. Where was Math again? Oh right, level 4. Was there any homework? I don’t think so. Ms. Marley was a kind person. I was too lost in my thoughts that I collided into someone…again.

I fell on my butt…again. My books fell out…again. I groaned in frustration. But my clumsiness wasn’t what shocked it, it was who I bumped in to…again; Ash.

  “Oh god, I am so sorry!” I quickly grabbed my two books that fell.

  “Oh Rose, we bump…again.” Ash grinned cheekily.

  “I was so lost in my thoughts this time. I am so sorry, really.” I looked him in the eye. He was so cute, but not as cute as Jake, I thought. What, Jake? I quickly cleared him off my mind.

  “Its okay, Rose,” He said, then he grabbed my free hand and pulled out a marker from his back pocket, “Just call me.” He started to write his number on my palm. I stood there dumfounded.

  “O-Okay,” I stuttered.

  “Do you want to go out Friday night?” He asked, a glint of hope shimmering in his magnificent eyes.

  “Um…I’ll think about it.” I managed.

  “Call me when you’re sure.” He smirked, winked again, and walked off.

I just landed myself my first date. I smiled a little.

I’ve never really dated. In my last school where I just spent two years at, I’ve only dated and gotten into a relationship once. But I was the one who broke up. So I didn’t get hurt. I was afraid at that time, I was afraid of getting hurt. I saw all my friends get their hearts broken by the person you’d least expect to, so before I could get heartbroken, I broke it off.

~*~

It was Thursday. I had texted Ash that I would come. Almost immediately, he had texted back saying he would meet me at the entrance of the girls’ dorm. Then, I had texted Alex that I was going out on Friday. He seemed cool with it because it was Ash. Apparently, he was one of Alex’s buddies.

Then, when I thought I had got it all planned out, it hit me. I had nothing to wear. I hadn’t packed any dresses, I hadn’t thought of going out for dates or anything. And that’s how I found myself in Kris’s room for the first time.

I was on her soft bed that had light purple sheets, sitting cross-legged. She was rummaging around her walk-in wardrobe. The first time I told her about our date, she had flipped. She was absolutely happy. Then, when I told her I needed a dress, she practically dragged me in her room, forced me to sit on the bed while she picked out a dress.

On the bed with me were about 5 dresses. All of which I didn’t like. They were too revealing, too stunning or too detailed. She seemed to have too many dresses, in fact.

  “Oh I am coming in,” I shouted and walked in her vast wardrobe. I gasped. It was so big; there was a little table in the middle that had a glass top that displays her jewelry. Then, surrounding the little table were racks and racks of clothes. She was at one of the racks that obviously hung dresses.

  “Oh come!” She said, signaling her hand for me to join her.

Three hours, 15 minutes and 27 dresses later, I found it. It was on the rack of her old dresses. It was strapless and ended mid-thigh. It was white and had a purple ribbon that was tied around the waist. It was elegant yet beautiful. Kris claimed to not know she had such a dress. But either way, I found it, the perfect dress.