Chapter 24

Hey guys!

You'll probably like this chapter :B

Julia :)

~*~

Chapter 24

I stood up to go and get seconds. I roughly pushed the chair back, making a loud noise, but I didn’t care. I took another plateful of breakfast, suddenly wondering why I was so hungry. Or maybe I was just excited?

Yesterday, when Jon came out of his super secret bedroom, he said that Robert Carrington has agreed to the deal. I wondered how much Jake had to beg. I could picture him clinging onto his father’s leg and whining and kicking. The thought made me laugh.

Jon said that he would check today if Robert Carrington agreed to his part of the deal. Then, if he did, they were to meet up at Crimson Park, a busy park, at 4pm. It was safer to be surrounded by children.

I looked at my plate laden with delicious food. Satisfied, I went back to the table, happy. Sean took a look at my full plate and chuckled. I smiled. Even if I took a lot of food, I didn’t eat like I was some kind of gorilla…like Lyle. No, I am just kidding.

Later, I went up to my room and paced in it. I was bored, really bored. I touched my cheek. It was almost recovering. I then went to the toilet and splashed some water on my face.

I wondered if news about my disappearance has made front page news. I definitely didn’t want my parents to know. Mom will fly all the way from Ramsey if she had to, with Chris of course. I have been sending him long messages on my phone every day. In return, he sends me a long one too.

But knowing Jake, I guessed he wouldn’t let the papers know. It was a secret anyway. Feeling there was no other thing to do; I plopped on the bed and took a nap.

~*~

I threw on a simple white dress with floral patterns. I matched it with rosy red pumps. I looked at the mirror. I looked as good as new. They haven’t placed a single hand on me.

I exited the room and met the others at the kitchen, where all the food seemed to be missing in sight. I frowned. I thought I could have a goodbye meal or something.

We travelled to Crimson Park in a Mercedes, which smelt strongly of leather. I can’t help but think whether all their cars are new. If it was, how rich were they?

I stared out the window and tried to recognize unfamiliar sights. We were definitely not in the main area of Crimson Hills. The outskirts of Crimson, maybe? Well I didn’t bother; I was going to be out of here soon.

I couldn’t drift to sleep. Then, I remembered about what I told Jake. Oh yes, I supposed to be worried and scared. But no, I am not. I am perfectly fine. I wonder what Jake will do once he found out I was just acting…or from my view, kidding.

Probably lecture me…

He’ll know the truth immediately when I step out of this really nice, new, polished, shiny, white Mercedes. I looked at Sean and Ryan, who were sitting in the back seat with me. Ryan was sleeping while Sean looked up to meet my gaze. We smiled. I looked to Jon in the passenger seat, who seemed to be on his smart phone. Lyle drove the car.

When at last, I felt a little sleepy, we reached Crimson Park. It was a Wednesday so there were only a few kids, unlike the hoard of hundreds of kids on the weekends.

Off to the far right side of the parking lot were a black Mercedes and a silver Porsche. Stood in front of the black Mercedes were two men. One of them was a man that looked to be only in his late thirties, while the other was a young buff man, whom I figured was the bodyguard.

Then, in front of the silver Porsche stood Jake, hands in his pockets, dressed smartly. His brown longish hair ruffled as the wind blew against it and his shirt hugging his perfect body. He looked worried, yet still a little calm.

Our Mercedes came to a halt about 5 meters away from it. All three men directed their gaze to us. First to come out of the car was Ryan, followed by Sean and Jon. I was instructed to stay in the car with Lyle first.

I couldn’t hear their conversation but I was pretty sure it was boring. Through the tinted glass, I think Jon was talking to the man in his late thirties, which I realized was Robert Carrington. Wow, he was young! Oh right, he was a vampire. I sure as heck am jealous.

Suddenly, Sean opened the door and I took it as a signal to get out. I stepped out of the car professionally. My gaze travelled from Robert Carrington to the relieved Jake. But his look then turned confused.

I stood next to Sean, unsure what to do. He must’ve noticed too. There was an awkward two minute silence before Sean nudged me in the ribs gently.

  “Go,” He whispered.

  “Now?” I whispered back.

  “Well, yeah.” He said.

  “Wait,” I said loudly.

Then, I hugged Sean and Ryan. They first froze but eventually hugged me back. Then, I smiled to Jon before heading to Jake. His face showed confusion and relief. But before I explained anything, I ran to him, cupped his face with my hands and kissed him on the lips.