Chapter 4

Hey guys! I think I am late a few days, sorry about that. 

Julia :)

~*~

 Chapter 4

I came home with sand all over my body. I cried bloody murder when Alex splat me on my butt. But we never managed to play volleyball, thankfully, because we were too busy dirtying each other. He was equally as dirty as me.

Unfortunately for me, Angie and Dad were at the living room when I entered the house dirty as ever. They both were shocked. I had to explain everything that happened. They didn’t say anything; they just shared knowing glances at each other that I didn’t understand.

When I was walking up to my room, Angie yelled to me telling me that dinner was at the Kingsley’s, which Alex’s family was. I groaned. We still haven’t finalized who won the war. It was going to be one hell of a night.

~*~

Dad, Angie and I were downstairs. I had settled on letting my hair down in curls and a simple deep blue spaghetti strap dress. Dad was helping Angie to zip up her dress. When we were done, we walked over to the Kingsley’s.

Alex’s mother, Katie, opened the door. She was absolutely beautiful. She had the same eyes as Alex. She was wearing a floral print dress. She led us in the house and into the dining area, which was a deck in their backyard. Their backyard was lighted up nicely, creating a very warm atmosphere. Alex was wearing his usual attire, beach shorts and a shirt. Alex’s dad, Josh, was a cheery man that looked like Alex too.

Our dinner was seafood spaghetti. It was delicious. Katie was a brilliant cook. Alex just had to sit opposite me. He did that on purpose. While the adults were having their chat, I and Alex shared a little conversation of our own.

  “So who won?” I asked, as I ate a spoonful of spaghetti.

  “Well, you chickened out first, so I did,” He said triumphantly grinning. I stayed silent, remembering. “Sorry for not letting you know we had dinner, I thought you’d know.”

  “Well, I didn’t.” I said simply. “You know we never did play volleyball.”

  “We’ll play tomorrow.” He smirked evilly, “I never forgot, cupcake.”

  “Sadly,” I added.

After dinner, he showed me a tour around the house, orders given by Katie. His house was modern but yet used more wood. It created a beach-like aura around the house. I guessed that they really liked the beach too. His room was also big like mine but I had expected it messier like boys.

Once we entered the room, Alex covered my eyes with his warm hands. I could practically feel him grinning like an idiot.

  “Don’t open your eyes when I release my hands, ok?” He said nicely, trusting me. I kept my eyes glued shut when his hands left my eyes. After about 2 minutes, he said, “Open your eyes.”

In his hands sat a medium sized cupcake. The frosting looked delicious. It was light purple but there were wordings on the cupcake. It simply said, ‘A & R = Best Friends <3’. The wordings were in deep purple. I scooped the cupcake from his hands and smiled.

  “Thanks Alex, it looks delicious.” I said smiling.

  “Welcome, cupcake. I baked it.” He said, his eyes shining like a kid on Christmas. He seemed pretty proud of himself. I can’t deny it but I never thought he’d bake.

  “It’s delicious.” I said when I finished eating the cupcake. He grinned happily. Then, he grabbed my wrist gently and pulled me downstairs.

I couldn’t ask for a sweeter friend.