Chapter 3

Hey guys, thanks to all who've been reading!

Julia :)

~*~

Chapter 3

  “Where are we going?” I asked as we walked towards the beach. He was holding my wrists gently. At first, I blushed but he didn’t notice and he seemed to not realize.

  “Where does it look like we’re going?” He turned to me for a second and scoffed. I rolled my eyes.

  “Isn’t it late?” I asked. “Won’t your parents mind?”

  “Firstly, it’s not that late. It’s just around 7-ish. Secondly, my parents are out for dinner. It’s me and you tonight, babe.” He smirked.

  “Don’t call me ‘babe’,” I paused, “Angie and my dad are home.” I finished. “Cupcake was ok.” I muttered softly.

  “Heard that…cupcake,” He said loudly. I blushed furiously.

  “So, what are we doing?” I asked, as we neared the beach.

  “It’s a surprise.” He stated simply.

  “Just tell me.” I said firmly.

  “That would just ruin the surprise, now would it, cupcake?” He smirked. I pursed my lips. “Come on, we’re near.”

We reached the place where we were playing just now, except not in the water. We abruptly halted when we reached the beach chairs. He put his finger to his lips, signing us to be silent. Then, he pointed towards the sand. I gasped.

There was a hole in the sand, slightly deep. I could see faint egg shells inside. But I leaned forward a bit because it was dark. Just then, it was illuminated. I looked to the source of light; Alex, he had brought a torchlight with him. I smiled at him and he smiled back. I then got a better look. Most of the egg shells were broken open and cracked. Some were still untouched, unbroken though.

Then, from the hole, there was a path to the open sea. It was a path made out of many lines, like drag lines. On the drag lines, were tiny baby turtles; a lot of them, crawling slowly towards the sea, slowly. Some were just hatching, popping out of their small shells, where else some were already nearing the salty sea water.

After taking in the sight, I looked back to Alex. He had one hand tugged in the pocket of his jacket and one hand holding the torchlight. I grinned at him and pointed at the baby turtles repeatedly. He nodded and grinned too.

The hole was dug right in front of the lined up beach chairs. So, Alex and I sat on the chairs and talked while the baby turtles made their way to the sea.

  “This is amazing, Alex!” I was still trying to describe the whole thing but there weren’t words to describe something so amazing, “Honestly, I am just speechless.”

  “I knew you’d like it.” He smirked, “The turtles come every once in a while. If you’re lucky, you catch them.”

  “And we’re lucky.” I laughed. Then, a strong gust of wind blew by and I shivered. I then realized I was just wearing short shorts and a tank top. Goose bumps made no delay of appearing. I wrapped my arms around myself.

  “You’re cold? Here, take my jacket.” Alex said caringly. He quickly took off his black jacket and put it around me. I wore it properly. His jacket was really warm. He was just wearing a casual tee inside.