Chapter 28

Hey very gorgeous and stunning people!

Firstly, RIP Whitney Housten. She was truly a legend. :/

Secondly, another two chaps to go...:(

OH STOP IT WITH THE BAD STUFF.

:p continue..

Julia :D

~*~

Chapter 28

The bouquet of roses added a lovely touch to the living room. I had put it on the coffee table, where it stood out nicely. I was just admiring it when Kris came out of her room, fresh. It was surprising considering it was a Saturday.

The bouquet of roses grabbed her attention immediately. She smiled knowingly. She went over to the coffee table and touched the soft petals of the rose.

  “Jake gave you these I presume?” She said.

  “Yeah,” I smiled. “They were in my room all week but I just decided to bring it out today.”

  “Oh,” She said.

  “Why are you so fresh?” I asked her, leaning against the sofa, arms crossed.

  “Just had a good night,” She admitted, looking away.

  “You were with Alex?” I asked and she looked at me, eyeing me suspiciously.

  “How’d you know?” She asked, blushing now.

  “I just know,” I shrugged and winked at her knowingly.

Kris had tried to escape me. But, I insisted and followed her to where Alex and she supposed to meet, which was the Western restaurant for breakfast. Alex looked startled to see me but I smirked. Kris went to get her food, leaving me and Alex alone.

  “Don’t worry; I’ll be gone before she gets back,” I winked at him, “Just wanted to check how you guys were doing. And since you guys are doing so well…my job is done.”

I left. Now, I just had to figure out Nikki and Sean. My solo matchmaking business is still a go. I smiled internally as I made my way to Nikki’s dorm.

~*~

I finally persuaded Nikki to go to the library. She was glued on reading the last Hunger Games book. I managed to stop her at the end of a chapter. Then, when she went to change her shirt, I took her phone and texted Sean to meet at the library.

She came out wearing a nice orange sundress and I smiled approvingly. She won’t even know what’s coming to her. Good thing she has good sense of fashion. But her natural beauty was enough to put a model to shame.

We proceeded to the library, second floor specifically. The minute we came out the elevator door, Nikki swore and ran behind me. I smiled.

  “Why are you hiding?” I asked.

  “Sean, 11 o’clock,” She muttered, “Hide me!”

  “Why?” I said, faking confusion, “Wait, you like him!”

  “W-what, I-I,” She didn’t want to lie to me, “Ok yes, I do like him.”

  “And you want me to hide you, why?” I asked.

  “I look horrible!” She complained and my jaw dropped.

  “You look like a freaking Victoria’s Secret model!” I cried, earning a shushing sound from someone.

  “Rose, be reasonable,” Nikki scoffed.

  “Its okay, come on, let’s go sit with Sean.” I grabbed her hand and dragged her to Sean.

Sean looked up to us and smiled nicely. He was reading some book. Wow, he came here early. He must’ve run to the library the minute he got the text.

We sat in an awkward silence before Nikki said something.

  “I am going to get a book,” She stated before walking to some shelves. I remained there. When I was sure she was out of hearing range, I leaned to Sean.

  “For the record, I sent you that text,” I admitted. He looked at me wide-eyed, “Look, I know you two like each other. You can’t fool me.” I leaned back crossing my arms.

  “Yeah, I do like her,” Sean confessed dreamily.

  “Then get her,” I said firmly.

  “But-” I cut him off.

  “Here’s the chance,” I put my hand on the table, “Don’t let it slip away.”

I left before Nikki came back. The job is half done at least. I smiled satisfied. This was going a whole lot better than I thought. I pushed the heavy glass door of the library open.

I stuffed my hands in my pockets, warming it up. The library had to be air-conditioned 24 hours a day; otherwise it wouldn’t be freezing cold. I shuddered at the thought of the electricity bill for that.

When I reached the dorm, it was around early evening. I was a little exhausted already. I lazily slumped on the sofa. My eyes scanned the dorm before reaching a very familiar bouquet of roses. Ah, Jake.

Oh yes! Our date tonight! Gosh, I almost forgot. I jumped out of the sofa and scrambled to my room. All previous sleepiness gone and replaced my excitement.