Chapter 23

Hey fello wattpaders!

:p

Julia :)

~*~

Chapter 23

Somebody was poking me on the shoulder. I didn’t respond. I just want a few more minutes of rest. Then, the poking got harder and it hurt. I groaned and blinked my eyes a few times to adjust to the blaring light from the giant window.

  “Oh, you’re awake!” Ryan beamed from next to me, so he was the culprit…

  “Heck I am,” I snapped, rubbing my shoulder, “Vampire’s poking you with their vampire strength is not very nice.”

  “Sorry, unless you wanted to be drenched in water,” Ryan argued. I shut up. “Get dressed. We’re going to have breakfast.”

  “I don’t have any other clothes,” I said.

  “Check the wardrobe,” Ryan said, walking towards the door, “Sean will pick you up in half an hour.”

I reluctantly got out of bed. After washing up, I walked-in the walk-in wardrobe and found myself shocked with the amount of designer clothes that were in there. All types of clothes were in there. I settled for a flare floral print tank top and skinny jeans. I found a box of jewelry too. I took a silver necklace that had a heart-shaped pendant and wore it on. It looked pretty.

Exactly half an hour later, Sean knocked on my door and entered. I was sitting on the bed cross-legged waiting for him already. He looked handsome in a white casual shirt and long pants.

  “Ready to go, Rose?” He asked softly.

  “Yeah,” I hopped off the bed and went out the room.

Honestly, I’d get lost. So even if I did try to escape, the probability of them finding me somewhere in this hell of a house, lost is higher than the chance of me running free.

We reached a dining area. The modern kitchen was super big. Lined up on the counter was breakfast. Bacon, scrambled eggs, everything! It was like being in Angie’s kitchen again.

On the dining table sat Ryan, Lyle and Jon. They murmured a ‘good morning’ as they were eating. Jon was reading a newspaper while sipping on some coffee. Lyle seemed to have just come because his plate was laden with dishes. Ryan was almost finishing.

I followed Sean. He took a plate and slowly picked his dishes. The smell of the food itself made my mouth water uncontrollably. I picked all my favorites and took a seat next to Ryan, which was the only available seat. Sean was opposite of me.

  “Hungry, I see?” Ryan peeked at my plate full of food.

  “There’s so much food!” I grinned, mouth full.

  “Overflowing,” Sean added.

  “Why do you have so much food when there are just a handful of us?” I asked, after chewing.

  “There are more,” Lyle swallowed, “of us.”

  “Ah,” I took a bite of scrambled eggs. It literally melted in my mouth. The parsley made the egg taste nice.

~*~

We went to Jon’s office again after. We were going to go ahead with the calling. Part of me seemed nervous but part of me seemed happy. Not very happy, just happy enough to make a genuine smile. I didn’t feel like I was being kidnapped at all. It seemed more like a free holiday at a super big modern house with super awesome food…which seemed to keep flowing.

I sat on the fluffy sofa which made me sink in. I tugged my hands under my legs as I hopped up and down.

  “Happy?” Ryan asked, puzzled.

  “I don’t know,” I admitted, “A little jumpy, that’s all.”

Suddenly, the row of bookshelves that were on one side of the room moved aside and revealed a secret bedroom. Jon went inside and the bookshelf returned to normal. I was shocked. That was so cool.

  “He’s making the call,” Lyle explained. “If that’s what you’re wondering.”

  “No, the bookshelves are so cool.” I clarified. He rolled his eyes.

After a while, the bookshelf opened again and I whipped my head to face Jon. He had a neutral look on his face as he came over to pass the phone to me.

  “It’s on hold,” He said, throwing it to me, I caught it easily. “Press it when you’re ready to talk.”

  “Wait,” I was stiff, “What am I supposed to say?”

  “Just act naturally.” Ryan huffed, grabbed the phone from my hands and continued the call.

  “H-Hello?” I said, a little shakily. I have never met Robert Carrington in my life.

  “Rose?” An all-too familiar voice said with relief.

  “Jake?” I said back. Why was he on the phone?

  “God, are you okay?” He sounded stressed and worried. I was more than okay!

  “I am fine! They-” A very evil thought popped into my mind and I grinned evilly. They stared at me, bewildered. “Please come get me soon, Jake! I am okay but I am afraid they might do something to me, please just ask your father to agree to the proposal or something!” I faked worry.

  “I’ll come soon, Rose! Don’t worry,” He said, like my knight in shining armor, “I’ll come for you.”

The phone was grabbed from my hands by Jon. He then disappeared into the secret bedroom behind the bookshelves again. I dropped my hands down and smiled.

  “Why did you do that?” Lyle asked, amused.

  “So he’ll come faster and so your deal will be carried out faster. I don’t want him to sit around and wait because I am okay,” I explained, “I just want to test him and play around.” I winked. They laughed.

  “That’s just mean,” Lyle said.

  “Can’t a girl have some fun?” I retorted. I grinned evilly.

This will be amusing.