Chapter 3 - Talon

My heart was pounding so hard it felt like it was going to go right out of my chest. I was scared. I tried my absolutely best to breathe as quietly as possible. I carefully crawled over to the window, my body perched against the floor as I poked my head up ever so slightly to look out the glass window that over looked the second floor.

Winston had already left to go and deal with our unwelcomed guests. I saw spikes of red lights, and one by one, Talon agents moved into the workshop. They carried black machine guns with scopes on the top that were equipped with red lasers to help target their prey. They wore all black, and had strange skull like masks with red glowing eyes.

I gulped nervously at their sight. They just looked so terrifying to me.

As they all huddled near each other, looking around the room, something dropped from the ceiling. They all reacted quickly, pointing their lasers at the object that landed in front of them.

A banana peel.

With their guard down, Winston saw his chance and from above, came soaring down and tackled them all beneath his feet, roaring. He grabbed one by the leg and sent him flying to the side before grabbing another by his helmet and slammed him to the floor, all the while as he got in another agents face, roaring his gorilla breathe all over him.

"Come on Winston, you got this!" I whispered to myself.

The Talon agents began to open fire on the gorilla. With his armour on to protect him, Winston grabbed the agent in front of him, tossing him against a wall before summer salting in between two more agents as he sprang up and smashed the two against each other with his hands like a sandwich, tossing them to the floor.  

I fist pumped silently, cheering Winston on for his victory.

But I may have spoken too soon. Right after that, a patch of black smoke came flying into the room, almost like it had a mind of its own. I covered my mouth with my hand to stop my quiet cheers as I watched the smoke fly up towards another catwalk on the other side of the room, and I tried my absolute hardest not to scream when I saw the smoke take the form of a masculine figure.

He was dressed in black like the other agents, only he wore different attire. He wore a long black trench coat with a hood over his head, a white skull mask that covered his face, black bullet proof armour, and leather boots.

The sound of his dark laughter sent a chill down my spine. Now I was suddenly even more terrified than ever, more so for Winston as it looked like he would have to fight him.  

Winston snarled at the leader of the Talon agents and just as he leaped up in the air to attack him, one of the fallen agents sprang up, firing a pair tasers at the gorilla and striking him. I forced myself to hold back a shrill of a scream, using both of my hands to cover my mouth as I helpless watched Winston collapse to the floor as more agents stood up to their feet and used their own tasers against him.

"No, no, no, no, no!" I mumbled quickly, my heart pounding even harder than before. 

I was so distracted by Winston's cries, I almost didn't notice the Talon leader enter the command center. I quickly huddled myself in the corner, pulling my knees up to my chest as I desperately tried to not make a sound.

I watched as the man slapped some sort of device into the computer hard drive, red sparks of electricity coursing through it as I looked over at the computer screens, the original feed fizzling out of existence as a download bar appeared along with an endless cycle of the computers files and information.

"Security protocols failing," said Athena. "Winston, Reaper is extracting the Overwatch Agent Database!"

So that's what his name was... Reaper. And he was doing what?!