Chapter 27 - Lucio II

The sound of my phone's alarm woke me up the next morning. For the first time in the last few days I felt that I had finally gotten a decent amount of sleep. With everything that happened involving Sombra and my brother, sleep was the last thing on my mind. I really needed the recharge. 

But I must have overdone it when I glanced over at the clock upon powering off my alarm, to see that I had slept in 15 minutes passed my original wake up call! 

"9: 15am" 

"Head out at 9am? It's a date!" 

Date-- MY BREAKFAST DATE WITH LUCIO! 

"Oh, crap!" I yelped, nearly toppling out of my bed and collapsing to the floor. 

I sprinted for the bathroom, brushing my teeth and washing my face as quickly as I could before dashing back into the bedroom and desperately rummaging through the dresser looking for something to wear. 

I didn't want to keep Lucio waiting any longer, other wise I would have went with something a bit nicer to wear. I slipped on a white tank top with my signature black leather jacket over top, green camo pants and sneakers before grabbing my phone with a hairbrush and hairband before leaving the room. 

Trying to brush my hair as I walked through the living room, it looked like Genji was the only one up. He sat in his usual spot at the kitchen counter, mask removed as he drank his morning tea. 

"Hey, Genji!" I greeted quickly. 

"Good morning, Miss I--" Genji glanced up his drink to see me multi-tasking across the room. "Ivery?!"

"I'm late, gotta run, people to see!" I squeaked. 

But upon turning a corner, I messed up my footing and fell forward. A scream escaped my lips as I instantly shut my eyes. 

"Hope!" Genji yelped.

My transcendence to the floor suddenly seized as I felt something grab my left wrist. I opened my eyes and turned my head to see that Genji had discarded his tea in order to come help me, the pupils of his eyes enlarged with a hint of fear. 

I laughed nervously, trying to ease the tension of nearly embarrassing myself. "Thanks. . ."

"First of all; Are you alright?" He asked with concern as he pulled me back up to my two feet. 

I took a moment to compose myself, catching my breath before answering with a nod. 

"Good, and second of all; The person you're seeing this morning wouldn't happen to be Lucio, would it?" He questioned, arms crossing his metal chest with a sly grin on his face. 

I now understood why Angela told me he was a hit with the ladies (and some dudes) during his early days in the Shimada Clan. Not gonna lie, that smirk. . . wow! 

My cheeks blushed a bright pink as I lowered my hands, gaze shifting to the floor slightly. "How did you know?"

"I like to study people. I sensed that there was some sort of energy sparking between the two of you," he explained, moving his hands to his hips as he raised a brow in my direction. "That, and Lucio texted me earlier asking where you were,"

"Really? Shoot, I should get down there," I hissed, face palming. "I don't want him to think I'm standing him up,"

I was about to head for the door when Genji caught me again, "Wait," I stopped and turned to face him again as he pointed at my head. "What about your hair?"

"Huh?" Confused, I glanced over at my reflection through the glass window next to us, seeing that I wasn't even close to getting it ready. "Oh, come on!"