Chapter 16 - Bastion

Thank you guys for over 5K reads! :D 

******

"So, what did they say?" Lena questioned anxiously. 

Winston and Angela had called in the rest of the team for a quick meeting regarding their recent interviews with the Representatives of the United Nations. They've been talking non-stop for two days straight, so that was plenty of time to cover a lot of ground. Lena, Genji, Hanzo, Bridgette, Reinhardt, and Zenyatta gathered around the medic and gorilla in the Throne room, waiting to hear the news.

"Hang on, not everyone is here yet," Winston advised, taking a look around the room. "We're still missing Torbjorn, Jesse, and Hope."

"The last I saw them, Hope and Jesse were scavenging the village, and Torbjorn was working out back," Bridgette recalled.

"Let's hope they'll head back soon," Winston replied. The quiet roar of thunder could be heard coming from outside, causing everyone to look up at the ceiling. "That storm is sounding pretty rough." 

"Aw I'm sure they'll be right along," Tracer assured the gorilla, waving it off. "You can let them know when they return! So what happened?!"

"After talking it over, the Reps have agreed on a temporary lift of the Petra Act." Angela answered.

Ms. Oxten cheered loudly while everyone else were not as ecstatic, none the less they were all happy. 

"So it is temporary at the moment?" Genji repeated for confirmation, his sounding slightly uneasy.

Winston nodded, adjusting his glasses. "It's temporary for now. This gives us all time to 'test the waters', so to speak. The United Nations will watch us, judge on how we work together during our missions. If all goes well, and they approve of our methods, we could see the Petra Act being lifted permanently." 

"And Overwatch can be recalled officially?" Reinhardt beamed, his eyes twinkling.

"Indeed," Winston smiled in reply.

The British agent cheered once more before the German nearly crushed her in a bear hug, Genji and Bridgette chuckling at their antics.

"Furthermore, The United Nations are allowing us this chance to bring in a brand new agent into our fold, in order to help test our teamwork and to help them in their decision making," Angela added before looking over at Tracer. "Lena, do you still have the contact information of your friend? The Brazilian Freedom Fighter?"

Lena gasped excitedly, fist pumping the air. "Yes! I knew you'd come around to him eventually,"

"How soon can you get in touch with him?" The medic asked.

"I'll call him right now!" Tracer beamed as she blinked out of the throne room and up the stairs.

Once she was gone, the muffled sounds of footsteps could be heard as the back entrance of the castle flew open, then slammed shut. Jesse McCree and Torbjorn emerged from his workshop, completely soaked to the bone as they trudged into the room, collapsing to their knees. Their surprising appearance startled the others as they rushed to their aid. 

"Oh my goodness!" Angela squeaked, kneeling in front of the dwarf. "What happened to you two?"

"Storm outside--- caught us off guard," Torbjorn huffed, taking heavy breathes in order to talk. "Hope---"

"Hope? Where is she?" Winston perked up, searching frantically for her among the pair. "I thought she was with you, Jesse."

"She was, but--" The cowboy removed his hat from his head, pushing strands of his wet hair out of his face as his voice began to falter.  "But--"