Chapter 29 - Eichenwalde

The flight back to Eichenwalde was actually quite welcoming. After finally coming clean about Sombra earlier that morning, I felt as if a pile of bricks had been lifted off my shoulders. My friends were all supportive of me, even though I felt as if I stabbed them in the back for keeping this a secret for so long and not coming to them for help.

But lesson learned, from here on out, I swore to seek my friends help whenever I needed it. Be it another situation with Sombra and Talon, or anything else that wasn't a high key threat.

Reinhardt and the others had used our old shuttle to fly to Numbani, so naturally we used it to travel back. I wonder what Angela, Torbjorn, and Bridgette had been up to since we left? Was Angela studying some medical procedures? Torbjorn experimenting with his turrets? Maybe checking on the stable? Perhaps Bridgette was helping him? I suppose I won't know for certain until I see them for myself.

During the flight, Lucio and I finally drank our fruit smoothies while we chatted with the others for a bit. We talked about possible Talon motives, why Sombra wanted me to follow Zarya, basic mission stuff. Later on, Genji and Zenyatta decided to do some meditation together while Winston returned to the ships cockpit and monitor the flight. Reinhardt sat back in the booth taking a nap, his head hanging back against the headrest while Lucio and I decided to shoot some hoops on the tiny little basketball court in the bottom left corner of the ship.

I dribbled the ball past the Brazilian before going for the dunk, the ball sinking right through the basket. "Ooooooh snap, SON!" I cheered, firing finger guns at my opponent.

"Nice shot, Ivery," Lucio complimented as he scooped up the ball in his hands as it bounced towards him. "You never told me you played!"

"I guess I didn't have a reason to?" I shrugged with a cheap smile plastered on my face.

"You're good though," he grinned, spinning the ball on his finger. "Ever played professionally?"

"I was captain on my Elementary school team, but once I got into high school I hung the towel," I explained whilst stretching my limbs. "Had to focus on my studies if I wanted to get into VanTech,"

"That stinks you had to quit, but nice on getting into that school," he rolled the ball along his left arm, across his shoulder blades and down his right arm before catching it again.

"Yeah, it was pretty cool," I smirked. "What about you? You're not so bad myself,"

"I like it, but I'm more of a hockey man myself," he corrected. "Football too,"

"Not American Football, right?" I raised a brow at the man. "Just clarifying,"

Lucio erupted in laughter, slapping his knee upon doing so. "Right! I've got nothing against that one though,"

"Right," I clapped my hands together to psych myself up before getting into a defensive stance. "Alright, try and go for that downtown shot again,"

"You got it!" The man piped.

Spinning the ball on his finger one more time, Lucio dropped the ball, dribbling it with his right hand. I jogged forward, my body staggering side to side as I tried to block his path towards the basket. He used his forearm to shove me away and once I was clear, he turned around and volleyed the ball up in the air.

"Yes, yes, yes---!" we both chanted quickly.

The ball soared towards the basket, and it bounced on the rim, flying to the side and just barely missing the shot.

"Aww!" We both sighed in frustration.

The ball flew to the side, bouncing against the floor once before it went over and plopped onto Reinhardt's chest, knocking the German man awake from his nap with a "HUFF!"