Chapter 40 - Jack

"Ana, about time!" Jack growled anxiously as he watched her drop down from the roof, emerging beside him in the narrow alley near the ravine.

"I got sidetracked," She huffed, emerging from the floor as she stomped passed the soldier, motioning him forward. "We need to keep moving--"

"Sidetracked?" Jack quickly followed behind her, restraining from trying to reach out and make her look at him. "What do you mean sidetracked?"

"We weren't the only ones searching for the Reaper this day," she stated simply, keeping her gaze locked straight forward.

". . .Fareeha?" Soldier: 76 suspected as his frustrated growl softened into a frown.

"Yes," Ana sighed as she tightened her hold on the strap of her rifle. "It was her, and she wasn't alone,"

"The new Overwatch strike team?" He quizzed as he came to her side, peeking out the alley way and into a side street to make sure the coast was clear.

"Not exactly," Ana shook her head.

That seemed to catch the soldiers attention as his head froze before quickly turning towards her. "Not exactly?"

"Are you going to repeat all my answers today?" Ana poked in annoyance as she quickly crossed the street.

"Ana, what's going on?" Jack chased after her, the pair climbing up the side of a building and emerging on a rooftop, hunched low to avoid prying eyes from the street below.

"Joseph's offspring was there," she answered as her gaze ever wavered from his face.

Jack sat there in silence for a mere second before he reached up and removed his mask. The pupils of his eyes had expanded, tilting his head to the side as he gave her an exaggerated look. "You're kidding--!"

The elderly woman quickly shook her head in response before drawing her sniper and scoped the area to make certain that they weren't being followed.

"Are they with the recalled Overwatch?" He asked.

Jack has spotted their mobile hideout and staked out the area for a few hours. He had seen Captain Fareeha, an older and much classy looking McCree, Genji Shimada, hadn't really changed all that much, less angry he supposed, and another Japanese middle aged man who he quickly discovered as Genji's brother. The one that reportedly killed him. How he ended up in all this, the soldier was already confused enough. But he had never seen Joesph's child.

"What are the odds. . ." Jack muttered as his gaze lingered to the plating of the roof, shaking his head in disbelief. "This can't be a coincidence,"

"There's more," she peers her eye away from the scope for a brief moment, "They questioned me about Project Disciple,"

"If they're working with the recalled Overwatch, then they must know about it then as well," Jack pondered. "I know Joseph still has a copy of all the files with him. So long as he and his family have remained hidden for this long, Talon should leave them alone,"

As Ana looked through the scope, a flicker of memory coursed through her mind and flashed before her eyes.

"They've already abducted my brother, and the Reaper would have gotten to me too if you hadn't shown up down there,"

Her hold on her weapon quivered slightly as she felt a chill down her spine. Why must more blood be on her family friends name?

"Ana?"