Chapter 35 - Cairo

"Are you sure this is a good idea, Hope?" Winston cautioned with worry over the feed of the communicator. "If Talon did abduct your brother to use him for Project: Disciple, won't they go after you as well?" 

Sitting anxiously in my seat, the plane was about to land in Cairo, Egypt. I filled in Winston and Lucio about what my father had revealed to me about Talon and their plans with Project: Disciple. They originally tried to use Joseph and my mother as test subjects to perfect their super soldier serum and turn them into Talon's own personal assassins. Now it had made its return, despite Strike Commander Morrison's efforts to neutralize it from the face of the Earth, and Talon had their eyes set on myself and my brother, David. One was already down, and thus there was one more to go. 

Unless I could get him back first. 

"There's a high chance that could very much happen, but it's a risk I'm willing to take," I spoke with confidence, an almost scowl like look on my face. "I need to find out all that I can about Project: Disciple. Captain Amari may know something that my father didn't," 

"The Overwatch Archives have been scrambled and locked under heavy security clearance ever since the Petras Act installation," Winston sighed, adjusting his glasses. "But I might be able to work around it and do some digging on my end," 

"While he's doing that, I'm gonna get Eastwood to help me get clearance for the old Blackwatch Database and see if Commander Reyes found out anything about it too," Lucio quickly chimed in as he squeezed his way into the feed. Eastwood, I snorted. That was a little nickname Lucio had made for McCree because he reminded him so much of that fictional cowboy from those classic western films. "How's the plane ride?"

Lucio had over heard the news about Project Disciple, and realizing that it would take a while for me to find and book the first flight over to Cairo from Vancouver wasn't going to be a walk in the park, he made me an offer that I had an insanely amount of trouble refusing to be honest. Turns out Hana Song, or famously known as D.va, the international gaming and MEKA pilot super star was wrapping up a tour in North America and Lucio gave her a call and asked if I could hitch a ride!

I wanted to refuse and tell Lucio he didn't have to go through all that trouble, but I guess this girl had to be the world's fastest texter because she got back to Lucio almost instantly and said she'd do it. My father drove me to the airport and we got clearance to wait at one of the private landing zones and 1 hour later, Hana arrived in a bright pink private jet with her famous bunny logo on the back tail wing of the plane. 

The young Korean greeted me at the door as one of her guards secured my bag and I waved goodbye to my father before boarding the plane. The interior inside the plane was white leather chairs,  4 in total, each with their own table and entertainment system and had the mobility to turn and face each other if need be, a fluffy pink carpet flooring, some windows on the sides of the aircraft, and what immediately caught my attention was the candy mini bar. 

I was served complimentary D.va themed Doritos and Nano Cola sold exclusively in South Korea as a snack and a fabulous breakfast burrito and hash-browns were prepared for brunch. The flight attendant gathered my tray when Winston made the call. 

"This is absolutely insane! Lucio, you two didn't have to do this," I shook my head in disbelief. "Like, at all!"

"Don't be silly!" a thick Korean accent seeped through my ears as Hana emerged from the restroom. The girl wore a baseball cap over her long brown hair that brushed passed her shoulders, her signature MEKA jump suit with a dark grey MEKA squad jacket over top her torso. "I owed Lu a favour, it was the least I could do," 

"That you, Hana? Thanks again! You're the best!" Lucio complimented. 

"Anytime, Lucio, how's my favourite international DJ?" She smirked, slouching in the chair across from me as she turned it around with her foot in order to face me.