Chapter 16

A/N
Hiya! Haven't posted this in a while...cuz I didn't know what to do :P Sherlock fanfics are hard to write, okay? :/ Oh and thanks for 100 reads :) Usually I'm ignored completely, so thanks XD There's a flashback in this one, so pay close attention :3 Well here ya go :)

<3Sammi

-------------------------------------

Lili's POV

I've evaluated it all in my head over and over so many times. I just can't piece it together. How did he survive? The memory of it all passes through my head again and a cold chill runs down my spine.

*Flashback*

I turn over in bed, not wanting to look at the window. I've always been paranoid, and that stupid tree against my window every night isn't helping.

There is a knocking sound on my window. That is not a tree branch. I turn over slowly to face the one in the window. It's a man who I don't recognize.

He opens the window and my eyes widen. I run to the door and pull on the handle. My door is locked. What do I do?! He climbs in easily. My father and Mycroft aren't home, but Sherlock is here. "Sherlock!" I cry as the man's feet hit the ground.

I grab a textbook off of the floor and ready myself to hit him with it. There's nothing much else I can do.

"What?!" Sherlock responds quickly. "Unlock my door!" I scream frantically as the man smirks at me.

I hear big footsteps up the stairs. Sherlock opens the door, and the second his eyes fall on the mysterious man in the room, he grabs my wrist and pulls me out. He slams the door in his face, locking it.

He looks at me. "We have to call dad," he blurts out. I nod in agreement and we both run to the phone. He dials the number faster than I could remember it.

"Dad?... Dad! There's someone on Lili's room!...No he doesn't, but I don't recognize him!...I think through the window, it was open...okay...okay I will...bye." he hangs up.

"What'd he say?" I ask hurriedly. "He said to call 911," he replied as he punched the numbers into the phone.

"Somebody got into our house! He's in my sister's room," he explains. My brain runs wild and I tune him out somewhat. What's going on?

"Ok, thanks," he whispers as hangs up the phone. I look at the clock. It's about 11:30. Okay, don't go mad Lili. I hear a doorknob twist. Oh no.

Sherlock shuts the lights off and pulls me onto the floor. "Come with me," the man's voice echoes down to us. "I can give you all you ever wanted. Everything your family cannot give you. Just come with me," he coos.

"Where is he?" I whisper nervously. "He's still upstairs," Sherlock responds. I tremble uncontrollably. What if he finds us? I hear sirens outside. Thank God.

"It's not too late. Come with me," he repeats. "No!" I scream, not able to contain it anymore. A couple of people run in. They look to the loft.

One of them runs up the stairs with their gun in hand. He fires a shot at the man as he goes back into my bedroom. The door slams and there is a series of shots. "He got away!" a muffled voice cries frustratedly from my bedroom. A woman walks into the kitchen and sees us.

She sighs in relief. "Are you alright?" she asks in a comforting voice. I nod, still in shock. I hear me dad's car pull up behind the wall. It's all over.

*Two days later*

A knocking sound on my window awakens me. Not this, anything but this. I don't even get the time to turn over before his arms latch me in a threatening hold. His hands grip my shoulders painfully tight.

I tremble as he whispers, "Come with me. I'll give you everything you want," he leans in closer, "Bring your brother." I struggle to form words.

"DAD, IT'S HIM!" I shriek finally. My dad's pounding footsteps thump to my door.

He has a gun in his hand. He lets go to try to run and I duck on the floor. The shot comes out quickly and a sickening thump rings through the room.

Sherlock comes to the door. "Dad!" he blurts out in surprise. The man is lying on the floor bleeding. "Honey, are you okay?"

I nod, not able to reply. The bleeding slits on my shoulders sting. He dug his nails so deep.

He's dead. We're okay now.

*Present Day*

I remember being that frightened little girl. The exact feeling still haunts me today. I thought for sure on that night that it was all over. Me and Sherlock were safe. I smile. That's before Sherlock started acted like a statue with no feeling.

Somehow, he's returned. I don't have to say "for some reason". I know why; now that Sherlock and I have more information than he had hoped for all those years ago, he just needs us more.

That leaves us more vulnerable than ever. What's his name? I don't know to this day. I'm sure I'll figure it out soon enough...

-------------------------------------

A/N
Alright so that was to fill you all in with what happened with the guy when they were younger. Hope that clears everything up :) How was it? Leave opinions in the comments and follow and vote!!! :) Thx for reading! ;3 (If you sneezed while reading this, bless you X3)