stay

i've been sitting here staring at the clock on the wall. and i've been here laying, praying, praying she won't call.

you sat with your husband of 3 years, nate. everything was quiet. he stared at his phone and you just admired him. he looked up at you and gave you a small smile. you smiled back but your fist covered it a little.

your emotions were everywhere.

its just another call from home, you'll get and be gone and ill be crying. and ill be begging you baby, beg you not to leave. but ill be left here waiting with my heart on my sleeve. oh for the next time we'll be here seems like a million years and i think I'm dying.

the silence was broken by nates phone ringing. he gets up from the couch and walks to the kitchen, answering it. "yeah okay, sure." he hung up. you watched him the entire time.

walking back into the living room nate looks at you sympathetically. "sorry baby, i have to go. its work. they really need me." he says putting his jacket on.

you get up and stand in front of him. "again? thats the third time this weekend that they've needed you." you sigh. "i know, I'm sorry." he kissed your head.

"I'm sure they won't mind if you stayed a little longer." you softly said. "they really need me, baby. its an emergency." he grabbed his keys and started walking out the door.

"please don't go." you whisper.

what do i have to do, to make you see she can't love you like me.

"i love you." you say as he walks out the door.

"i love you too, princess." he blew you a kiss.

why dont you stay. I'm down on my knees, I'm so tired of being lonely. don't i give you what you need. when she calls you to go, there is one thing you should know. we don't have to live this way.

you start crying as he walks out the door right before your eyes. "please stay." you sob.

"mommy?" your 2 year old daughter walks down the stairs.

you wipe your eyes with your ring fingers and turn around to give her a smile.

"mommy, why are you crying?" she says as you squat to her level.

"mommy wasn't crying. she had something in her eye." you gave her a reassuring smile.

"good, because you're too pretty to cry." she twirls your hair.

your heart melts at her words. at least someone cares.

"wheres daddy?" she asked looking around. "he had to go to work. you want to play dolls?" you ask her trying to get off the subject of nate.

"yes!" she squeals going to her room. she hands you two dolls and you start to play with them with her.

at around 6 nate finally comes home. "y/n?" he calls out.

you keep telling me baby, there will come a time, when you will leave her arms and forever be in mine, but i don't think thats the truth and i don't like being used and I'm tired of waiting.

"in here." you call from the couch in the living room.

he plops down beside you and you already smelled the alcohol and perfume. your eyes start to well with tears but you don't let him see you cry.

"did you get your work done?" you ask not looking up from your mac.

"indeed, i did. soon, you won't have to worry about this job. i'll be getting a promotion." he smiled scooting closer to you.

you faked a smile and didn't bother to look at him.

"baby, whats wrong?" he asks.

its too much pain to have to bare, to love a man you have to share.

"why don't you stay?" you ask getting teary eyed.

he looks at you confused.

"when she calls you to go, there is one thing you should know, i don't have to live this way." your hot tears ran down your cheeks.

nates eyes were now full of guilt.

"i can't waste another minute, after all that I've put in it. i've give you my best. why does she get the best of you?" you cried even harder.

"baby, i love you." nate was crying now too.

"then why don't you stay?"

a/n

i know theres gonna be that one person commenting, "if he's cheating why dont you leave?" "i hate this you should never stay with a cheater"

GUESS WHAT

my cousin was cheated on when she had been married for 5 years and had 2 young kids. it isnt that easy to tear your family apart like that. cheating it wrong and I'm not saying you should ever stay with a cheater.

and this is a song called "stay" by sugarland.