Part 2

Rose floated up the aisle in a white dress as Albus watched from a seat next to James, Lily, and Hugo.

"Oh, isn't this a lovely wedding?" Lily sighed. "I'm so happy for Rose, she finally found the one.

"Yeah," Albus agreed. "Who's she marrying, anyway?" For some reason, he couldn't remember.

Lily shot him an odd look. "Scorpius, of course. They've been together ever since your fourth year of Hogwarts."

"What?" A feeling of cold dread gripped Albus as he stared up ahead of Rose. Sure enough, a familiar blond boy was taking her hands, staring into her eyes.

"Earth to Potter!"

Albus jerked awake, sitting up straight and bashing his head into...something.

"Ouch!" the something complained. Scorpius. "Uncalled for."

"Sorry, Scorp." Albus rubbed his head. 

"Good morning to you, too." Scorpius extended a hand. "In case you've forgotten, we should be heading to the Great Hall. Don't want to miss breakfast."

"Right." Albus actually had forgotten. "Give me five minutes."

"See you then." Scorpius slipped out of sight." 

Sighing, Albus managed to drag himself out of bed and get changed into his Slytherin robes, all the while, the dream eating away at him. He analyzed it, trying to figure out why.

Rose getting married? I mean, not at fourteen, but that wasn't the problem. Lily, declaring how lovely a wedding it was? Not the problem. What else was in that dream?

His eyes fell on Scorpius, patiently waiting by the door, and then he remembered. Scorpius. Rose had been marrying Scorpius.

But that couldn't be the problem either.

Albus shook his head and grabbed his bag, following Scorpius out the door, where they headed down to breakfast.

"Albus!"

Emma Carthowler was standing in the hall. 

"Hi, Emma. Sorry I didn't come by yesterday."

"No, no, it's totally fine," she said, waving her hand as if to indicate the matter was long forgotten. "Are you, uh, heading to breakfast?"

"That's the plan," Albus said, throwing a glance at his companion, who wore a foul expression. "Come with us, then."

That seemed to make Scorpius even unhappier. "I'll see you later, then," he muttered, and dashed off in the direction of the library.

"Wait! Scorp—Scorpius!"

The distant echo of a slamming door reverberated through the corridor.

Emma shook her head, blonde curls bouncing. "What's eating him?"

"I have no idea," Albus said sadly. "I really should go after him."

Emma frowned. "You won't be helping him if you don't eat," she wheedled. "Come on, Al." She looped an arm through his. "I can't wait to see what our schedules look like."

"You're in third year, right?" he confirmed.

She shook her head. "I'm in your year. Remember, I'm in your History of Magic?"

"Duh." He slapped his head. "Why do I keep thinking you're a year below me?"

She shrugged. "I'm not."

They entered the Great Hall, which was full of students. Albus removed his arm from Emma's, who looked disappointed, and they headed to the Slytherin table.