~Timing~

Just a reminder that school starts tomorrow for me...yeah...so, very slow updates, as I am in honor classes along with swim team. But I'll really try!

Also, thank you for all the reads! I really appreciate it.

Lastly, I see I screwed up on two things. In the last chapter, it says that jack is in LA with Mark, when in previous chapters, Mark was visiting Jack in Ireland..,please just ignore that fact. I was distracted and idk guys. 😂😂 Also, Mark's brother's name is Thomas. Got it. Messed up on that too...it was like 1am when I wrote that chapter. 😁😂

Okay, now that that's out of the way, enjoy!

If your heart feels overwhelmed, just know you're never by yourself.

Jack:

Today is the day Mark leaves. I've been dreading this day so much, but it was bound to happen. Mark has to go back to LA to live his life. A life without me. Well...physically. I had hoped to tell him about how I feel romantically. But I don't want to rush it. Now that he's leaving...who knows when I'll see him again? It could be a whole year. And who knows if he even wants a long distance relationship.

Is he even gay?

I think my heart just broke.

What if...What if he doesn't even like guys? Nonetheless, me...Do I just give up?

No. Mark is worth fighting for. Sure, he may be high maintenance, but I wouldn't have him any other way.

I hear a few knocks on my door, where I'm waiting for Mark. I'm editing some videos for today's uploads. I haven't gotten a lot of work done while Mark has been here, but that's okay. He's worth it. He's worth anything. He's worth everything.

"Come on in," I tell Mark, knowing it's him. He enters, peaking his head in first and then his body following. Dirty thoughts enter my mind at the thought of his body, but I shake my head clear of them immediately. This is not how I want to spend my last moments with Mark.

"Hey, I'm all packed and ready to go," Mark gives me a half hearted smile, and his voice sounds strained. I wonder if it's from sorrow for leaving, or if he's just tired and homesick.

I couldn't help the selfish want of it being the first one.

I got up from my bed, grabbed my car keys, and gave him a tight smile. "All right, let's get ya home." As I pass Mark and lead him out to my car, I thought I heard him mutter something under his breath that sounded like, "I am home."

Wishful thinking, Jackaboy.

The car ride is filled with chatter about video games, friends, and our personal life. We ramble on as we always have, playful banter here and there, and a little flirting. I know it's fake on Mark's part, and he probably thinks it's the same for me.

If only he knew.

The last ten minutes of the car ride is deadly silent. I continuously ran my hand through my hair, trying to get out all my nervousness and angst. I never know how to act around Mark.

"So, you gonna miss me?" Mark asks, quirking his lips and winking at me.

I almost hit a car.

"Pshh, nah," I wave my hand, tears coming to my eyes.

"I hope that's sarcasm."

"Of course it is, Mark," I don't miss a beat, and I mentally slap myself for being so eager. "You're my best friend."

"Aww, Jackaboy, you're so adorable."

"Adorable?" I scoff.

"And funny."

"And?"

"And deadly handsome."

"Ah, you're just pullin' me leg."

"No, really," He gave me those big, sincere eyes and I knew it's no joke.

The rest of the ride is ridden in silence.

We pull up to the curb of the airport drop off center, and I park the car.

"All right, bud. I'll see you soon. Keep in touch," Mark pulls me into a tight hug, and I cling onto him for dear life.

"Okay," I inhale his masculine scent, feeling a sense of loss. "I love you."

Intense silence is what I hear.

What the fuck, Jack. You don't just say that.

"I love you, too, Jack," Mark stares into my eyes as he pulls back. My heart stops. Just when I think he's leaning in to kiss me, a car honks behind us. We bolt in our seat, and Mark quickly gets out, pulling out his bags. He gives me a little wave, with a sad expression on his face. I give him the same look and gesture.

I slump back in my seat, feeling super lonely.

Great timing, Jack.