~Surprise~

Surprises surprises

+++

"I hope I'm not my only friend."
— Truce by Twenty Øne Pilots

Jack:

I woke up to the sun beaming down on my face, causing me to groan and swat at the air. I roll onto my back and peel open my eyes to see that I had forgotten to close the curtains in the guest room I was staying in. Typical.

I roll out of my bed and trudge toward the window, quickly closing the curtains and then flopping back onto the mattress. Seconds later, there's a knock at the door and I grumble very loudly. A head full of red hair peeks through the door, and a smile makes a way to my face. I instantly regret it, a sharp pain in my skull making appearance. I'm obviously still jet lagged.

"Wakey wakey, eggs and backey," Mark sing-songs, making my heart flutter and my stomach grumble. "You haven't eaten a proper meal in a full day, and then some, so I decided to go ahead and make you some breakfast."

I sit up completely, feeling a head rush but then ignoring it. "Really?" I ask hopefully, my stomach feeling completely empty. "Thank you."

Mark nods, and holds out his hand, signaling for me to take it. I stand up, only in my boxers, which makes Mark blush. "I'm just going ta change real quick," I bite my bottom lip, and Mark nods curtly before exiting the door, which makes me laugh quietly.

I throw on a white shirt and grey sweatpants before exiting the room and making my way to the kitchen. The smell of breakfast food washes my senses and I scurry to the table to see a feast of eggs, bacon, and pancakes in front of me.

"Ah, Mark," I gush as he pours me a glass of orange juice. "Ye didn't have ta do this."

"But I wanted to," Mark informs me before taking a seat at the table as well. "You're my guest," He winks, and now it's my turn to blush. We dig in to the food, and soon I'm more stuffed than I've ever been in my life.

"So I was thinking," Mark starts with a small smirk on his face and a playful tone. I look up to meet his eyes, and a smile instantly takes over my features. "After we eat and you get ready, I have a whole day planned for our date."

That last word makes me choke on my eggs. Did he just say 'date'?

"You okay there, babe?" Mark asks, his face looking concerned but I could see in his eyes the teasing look that never seems to leave. I finally get some air in my lungs, but my heart also starts to race at the pet name he just said aloud. 

"I'm fine, food just went down the wrong tube," I lie, waving him off, but his knowing smirk is still apparent. I shoot him a look before continuing to eat my food, and he seems to back off.

"I do owe you a date," Mark reminds me, and I recall our conversation from last night. That seems like such a long time ago. Probably because I've been sleeping for ten years.

"Are ya going ta tell me what we're doing today?" I ask after a few moments of silence. Mark raises an eyebrow at me, and I blush under his stare.

"Of course not, silly," Mark says lightly, and I pout at him in attempt to make him tell me. "Nuh uh," Mark sing songs, wagging his finger at me. "Not going to work."

"Fine," I cross my arms over my chest, slumping back in my chair.

"Well, the sooner you get ready, the sooner you'll figure out what we're doing," Mark informs me, and I bolt out of my chair. I start to collect my dishes and bring them to the sink, but Mark stops me.

"No," He scolds me, gently taking the dishes from my hands. "You're my guest. I serve you." He leans over and kisses my cheek, making me blush even more. If I got any redder, I think I'd turn into a tomato.

I go to the guest room and grab some skinny jeans and a grey shirt from my bag and then some toiletries before going into the bathroom. I hop into the shower, allowing the water to cascade soothingly down my body. After twenty minutes, I finally exit the welcoming water, wrapping a towel around my.

I shake dry my hair and slip on my clothes, and then exit the foggy and humid bathroom. I make my way back to my room, and see that my suitcase is no where to be found.

"Mark!" I call down the hallway, and he quickly comes over to me.

"Yes, dearest," Mark calls back to me.

"Where is my suitcase?" I ask in a mocking light tone and sweet smile.

"Well, I can't tell you that," Mark tells me, and I try to play along without breaking character.

"And why not?" I ask, still keeping that light voice up.

"Because it would ruin the surprise!" Mark explains like it's he most obvious answer in the world.  I simply nod my head and sigh, and Mark takes my hand, leading me out the door. He locks the house behind him with a mischievous smile, and scurries me to the car. I get in the passenger seat, and he climbs into the drivers seat, turning on the car. I see there's a full tank of gas, and I look at him suspiciously as he types an address into his phone.

"Please, Mark, I'm begging you," I say after about twenty minutes into the car ride. I couldn't take the waiting any longer. "Just tell me where we're going."

"Okay, okay. Fine," Mark exasperates, and I straighten up in my seat. "We are going to....

Disneyland."

+++

TADAA

FIRST DATE GOALS LIKE WUT

IM SO EXCITED TO WRITE THIS NEXT CHAPTER CAN U TELL

FAVEEES AHEHHSHDJD

ok I'm done. Bye.

Xoxo Alli

[P.S. NEXT CHAPTER IS STILL GOING TO BE JACKS POV IM DOIN THIS ON PURPOSE]