~Relax~

'Come on, come on turn the radio on. It's Saturday and it won't be long...' —Sia, Cheap Thrills

***

Jack:

A month later, what felt like thousands of boxes, but in reality was only about a hundred, was flooding Mark's house. We decided for me to move in with him, in LA. It seemed like such a better decision; LA had so much more business opportunities and it's closer to our friends, so we wouldn't be lonely in rainy, cold Ireland. The only problem on my side was my family. It was very hard for me to say goodbye, and the final farewell was almost the hardest thing I've ever done. But, saying goodbye to Mark more than a handful of times would just break my heart. I can't keep saying goodbye to him. This was how it would be.

Mark lead me through his house, excitedly showing me everything. I know I've been here before, but now it was different. We were both living here now and excitement and adventure ran through our veins.

"So, the remaining question is...do we share a room?" Mark had been pestering me with this question for two weeks now. There were things to consider with this question. Sharing a room...a bed, for assumedly the rest of our lives, was a big deal. So, I made a pros and cons list.

Cons: we'd have smaller room, no personal space, and if we got in fights, what would the arrangements be?

Pros: we'd get to cuddle every night, I'd feel so much safer, I'd be with the man I'm falling in love with, and we'd be starting our life together.

"Yes," I decided with a wide smile, and Mark threw his arms around me, picking me up and spinning me around as I wriggle in his grip, giggling.

"I was hoping you'd say that," Mark chuckled as he set me down and placed a kiss on my forehead. My hands rested on his chest, feeling the taut muscles that laid underneath his skin. We stared each other in the eyes, with longing and passion. I moved my hands lower, inching towards the waistband of his sweatpants, and then I heard a cough, startling me. Goddammit.

"Jack!" A bunch of our friends swarmed around us, pulling me in for a group hug. I noticed Bob, Wade, Ethan, and even Felix. He must've flown out to stay with us for a little bit. I was surprised, to say the least.

"What're ye guys doin' here?" I asked them, placing my hands on my hips and giving them a playful look. They all laughed, and Wade pat my back.

"We wanted to come see you and officially welcome you to LA!" Bob exclaimed, and everyone cheered around him. "It's not everyday our best friend moves to California."

"Oh, ya guys!" I blushed, covering my face with my hands, pretending to be bashful. They all laughed again, building my confidence to continue to crack jokes.

"Well, we have something planned," Ethan told us after the laughter died down. "We're taking you out to eat, and for a round of beers tonight!"

"So go get ready, we're picking you back up at five!" Felix clapped his hands together, and I gave everyone a grateful smile. I have such good friends.

***

"Jack! We're leaving!" I heard Mark's voice call for me down the hall. I checked myself in the mirror again, adjusting my clothes slightly. I was dressed in a tight black button up shirt and some blue jeans. My hair was styled casually and how it usually was.

I exited the bathroom and strode down the hall, striking a pose in front of everyone waiting by the door. "The party has arrived." The group chuckled and someone did a catcall, I was hoping it was Mark. We exited the door, taking two uber cars to the restaurant of our choice. We decided to take Uber's because we knew we would be way too drunk to drive later. Or at least, that's what I hoped.

As we got out of the car, Mark insisted on paying, and no one refused but me. Mark turned me down when I offered to pay half, but he informed me that this whole night was about me, and I wouldn't be paying for anything.

I'd be slipping a fifty dollar bill in his wallet tonight.

The group entered the dimly lit building and we we were lead by a waitress to a booth. We squeezed in, each of our hips touching and my thigh slightly overlapping Mark's. He set a hand on my leg and squeezed it gently, making me bite my bottom lip to prevent from giggling.

"Can I get you anything to drink?" The waitress asked, and I didn't like the way her glance lingered on Mark a second too long. We all ordered our drinks, and after she wrote everything down, she sent a wink to Mark, making me squirm in discomfort.

"I swear I'm this close to beating her up," I muttered angrily under my breath, holding my pointer finger and thumb closely together. Mark chuckled humorously, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"Baby, relax," He smirked, setting his lips against my temple. "She isn't the one who is getting this dick tonight." That comment made me blush and shrink back in my seat.

The night passed in a blur, baskets of chicken wings and rounds of drinks coming and going, and coming some more quickly. Once I got pretty tipsy, when the waitress came back to hand us another round of drinks, I made a comment about her slutty outfit and how Mark was attracted to penises. Everyone burst out into laughter and she blushed ferociously, turning away without a comment back.

Soon, karaoke started and Felix and I were on stage, singing to 'Hit Me Baby One More Time' by Brittany Spears. After an hour of everyone going around and singing, we saw it was two in the morning and we should probably go home.

We climbed into the uber, but the laughter and loud speaking didn't die. After the fifteen minute drive, Mark and I were dropped off in front of the house and we said our goodbyes and see you soon's. Once we got inside, Mark sat me on the couch and told me he had a surprise for me. I closed my eyes and waited for him, and when I opened them, I saw he had two tickets in his hands.

"We're going to..."

***

Ok this is where you vote where they should go.

Also, in case you don't know at this point, Mark and jack have been dating for half a year. So guess what's going to happen over their trip? ;)

xoxo, alli