~Friend Zoned~

"Then come away with me, friends. No matter where you call your home. With lights in our our hearts, we will never part. No matter how far we roam."

-- Tinker Bell, To The Fairies They Draw Near (part II)

Ok don't judge my music choices like this is the bombest song I swear. And this lyric really reminded my of Jack and Mark. ❤️

Also, whenever I write this I feel like I'm one of those storyteller fairies. If you've ever seen the Tinker Bell movies, you'll know what I'm talking about. 💚

Mark:

I have never been more nervous in my life. The tiny bit of doubt always in my mind that Jack would reject me. There was always that voice inside my head. I almost didn't go through with it, but thank God I did. The moment he said yes, it was like a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I could finally be with the one I wanted.

The fangirls are going to go crazy.

I'm now in the drivers seat, gripping the steering wheel nervously as I'm driving Jack back to my house. My heart races and I glance over at Jack to see him content lay staring back at me. Yikes, how long has he been staring? Not that I mind, I just don't see what's so interesting about me.

"So, ah, do any cool things?" I ask, and immediately cringe, outwardly and inwardly. 'Cool things?' Who the heck says that, unless you're completely awkward and fucked.

Yep, that's me.

"Ah," Jack chuckles, running a hand through his newly died bright green hair. "Not really. Just gamin', talkin' to you an' Felix."

I can't help but feel a little jealous. I know that Jack has other friends, but there is also an undeniable connection between Jack and Felix. Whether it be friendly or romantic. And I know that Felix isn't gay and is in love with Marzia, but I thought I wasn't gay, and look at me now.

I put my irrational feelings aside and give Jack a bright, warm smile. "Yeah, same here." We spend the next half hour talking about the newest and coolest video games that have just come out, and then I pull up in front of my house.

"Ya know, Mark," Jack starts to say, and my heart skips a beat when my name rolls off his tongue. "Ye should really play Undertale."

And then my heart drops.

"Why would I want to do that?" I ask, aggressively putting the car in park and turning to look at him.

"It's a really cool game and I think you'll like it," Jack explains, making me raise an uninterested eyebrow at him.

"Oh, really?" I mock him in my best Irish accent, which makes Jack scrunch up his nose cutely. "And what if I don't want to play the game?"

"If ya play it, I'll take ya out on a date," Jack wiggles his eyebrows suggestively, and my eyes widen. I throw myself dramatically out of the car, clutching my heart.

"I guess I'll just have to play Undertale, then," I gasp, pretending to be injured. "I have no choice."

"What a fatal and noble way to die," Jack jokes, making me gasp even louder and more obnoxiously. "Get yerself together, man."

"Man?!" I shriek, acting offended. "Did you just man me?" I ask incredulously.

"Um, yes. Is there a problem?"

"Yes! You just friend zoned me!" I pout, still lying on the ground.

"Get up, ye big goof," Jack gets out and tries to pick me up. I can feel his muscles contract underneath his shirt, which makes me basically drool. We grab his luggage and bring it inside, and immediately Chica pounces on me.

"Hey, girl," I coo in a high pitched voice. "How you doing?"

Jack reaches out to pet her head, and surprisingly, she lets him.

"Huh, would, you look at that," I say. "She likes you."

"Well, everyone likes me."

"Mm, that's not true."

"What? Name one person who doesn't like me."

"Felix." I counter quickly, not even taking a second to contemplate.

"Okay, you got me there," Jack laughs, still petting Chica.

"So, I can show you to your room now," I inform him, grabbing his suitcase for him.

"Oh, we're not...?" Jack starts to say, but then stops suddenly.

"We're not what?" I ask in a confused voice.

"We aren't sleeping in the same room?" Jack asks in a quiet voice, which makes me want to reach out and hold him in my arms.

"Oh, no, I wasn't sure if you'd be comfortable..." I start to say. It was really early in our relationship to be doing something like that. Literally, we've been dating for less than an hour.

"Yeah, probably not the best move," Jack chuckles nervously, and follows me into the room across from mine. It looked similar to mine, but more put together. Mine is pretty messy.

"Okay, well, you're probably tired, so I'll let you get ready for bed," I then inform him where the bathroom is. "Well, goodnight," I lean in, kissing his cheek shyly.

"Goodnight, Mark," Jack's voice wavers, which makes me blush. I return to my room, feeling a sense of loss without him by my side.

I change into my pajamas and climb into the comforts of my own bed. I do my nightly scrolling on Instagram, tumblr, and Twitter.

After contemplation, I decide to text Jack.

To: Jackaboy 💚

Me: Goodnight, sweet prince.

I roll over on my side, not expecting a response, but then I hear a ding next to my head.

Jackaboy 💚: Goodnight, my love.

Sorry for the late update. School is hard. Life is hard. You've heard the whole thing plenty of times. You're smart. But thanks for reading still. This ones for everyone who is still with me on this journey of Mark and Jack!!,,!,! I'm still really excited about this story and I really miss my little babies. Well not rly little but you know.

Xoxo, Alli