~Vacation~

We finally make it to France at six in the afternoon the following day. I feel gross, sweaty, and I have a headache, but all the same, I'm excited. After Mark hauls a taxi, it takes another half hour to reach our hotel. I'm sick of sitting down, and my butt and back is starting to ache, but all negative thoughts leave my mind once Mark squeezes my hand, and I look out the window to see a huge, fancy hotel.

I take a hesitated step out of the taxi, as if I'm afraid I'll wake up from a dream any moment

I take a hesitated step out of the taxi, as if I'm afraid I'll wake up from a dream any moment. I've never stayed in a hotel like this before—and I hadn't even seen the inside. I stare at the huge water fountain in front of me as Mark grabs our bags and basically drags me inside. My legs feel numb as I look around the lobby, a large chandelier hanging from the ceiling. I suck in a breath as we walk across the marble floor to the desk receptionist to get our room keys.

"Fishbach," I hear Mark state in a gruff voice, sending chills throughout my body. I watch the lady stare at him a little longer than necessary, and I'm about to call her out on it but she starts typing something into her computer. She looks back up at us, handing us each a room key.

"Room 219," She informs us, giving a larger than necessary smile to Mark. I grip his hand in mine and he gives her a curt nod before heading to the elevators. The elevator ascends and I'm so distracted by my jealousy that I don't notice the door opening. Mark gives me a weird look before starting down the hallway and I follow close by.

Mark slides the key card across the door slot once we find room 219, and the light turns green, signaling for us to open the door. Mark opens it for me, holding both our suitcases and lets me enter first like the gentleman he is. My eyes are wide and i feel like I'm in shock as I look around the huge room. Two king sized beds, two televisions, a fridge, microwave, and a glass sliding door with a balcony that looked out at the pool and beautiful sunset. Still in awe, I drop everything on the bed and walk to the door that overlooked the area, and I almost die right there. When I open the door, I see that we have our own freakin' private pool.

When I turn around and look at Mark with tears in my eyes, he opens his arms wide for me and pulls me in for a tight hug. I bury my head into his chest, fighting the need to sob uncontrollably. "This is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me," I shook in his arms, but he steadied me with his strong hold.

"Jack, are you crying?" Mark asks softly, pulling away slightly to look down at me with a loving expression, which causes a sob to rake throughout my body.

"Don't judge me," I joke, laughing through the tears. "I haven't slept in over twenty four hours." Mark cracks a smile and pulls me to his chest once again. "And call me Sean, please."

Everything stills in the room, and I hear Mark suck in a sharp breath. For a few moments, everything is deadly silent, before Mark looks down at me with wide, deep eyes that I could get lost in. "Okay," He exhales, and we both relax. "Sean."

***

After watching the sunset from our balcony, we decide to go for a quick dip in our private pool. It's not big, and it's definitely not meant for more than four people. But that's okay, the closer, the better.

Once I pull on my swim trunks, I walk into the warm France air. I slide into the pool, and am greeted by Mark who is already sitting, waiting for me.

"Hey, cutie," I greet Mark as my body adjusts to the temperature of the pool. Mark chuckles at how hesitant I am to get into the cool water. Unlike Mark, who just plops in and doesn't think twice about it.

"Hey, Sean," The way he pronounces my name sends chills down my spine, and I have to contain myself from jumping him right that second. We cuddle into each other, looking up at the stars in awe, not daring to speak a word. Mark kisses the side of my head, and I know I've never felt more content than in that moment.

***

A week goes by and suddenly, we only have one more full day until we have to leave. So far, we've gone on tours, went to major attractions, museums, parks, and sometimes just hung out in the pool, whether it be the main one where we goof off and splash around, or our private one, where we...do...other...stuff...

It's about three in the afternoon, and I'm reading a book that Mark had bought me from the market. I'm so into it hat I don't even notice Mark tapping my shoulder.

"Sean!" He shouts in my ear, causing me to fall off my seat. I give him a sharp glare as he clutches, his stomach, laughing.

"What do ya want?" I mumble, pulling myself up to a sitting position.

"I think we should go out for dinner tonight," Mark comments, and I raise my eyebrows, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Really? Ye had ta scream in me ear ta tell me that?" I ask, flailing my arms about.

"Well, yes. You weren't listening to me," Mark smirks defiantly, and I continue staring daggers at him.

"What if I don't want ta?" I ask him, more in attempt to rebel. He reaches over and kisses me on the mouth tenderly, and I knew I couldn't resist.

"Give me a half hour."

***

An hour later we reach a fancy restaurant just as the sun is starting to dip into the horizon. I stare at it, a bittersweet feeling worming it's way into my stomach. I sigh sadly, but I don't have time to be sad for long because Mark drags me to our table.

We get our food quickly and are sipping on wine when I notice the atmosphere has changed. It's tense, now, and I become nervous. Mark takes my hands, and for a second I'm scared he might break up with me. I tell myself that that's ridiculous and wait for him to speak.

"Sean, we've known each other for a long time now, and honestly I feel like I've been with you my entire life. I couldn't imagine a life with anyone else but you..." Mark breaks off as tears brim his eyes, and he opens his hand, showing me a ring. "This was my father's, and I don't want anyone else wearing it but you...Will you marry me?"

My entire body freezes and I vaguely remember nodding my head and accepting, and Mark slipping the ring onto my finger.

Mark and I are engaged.

***

i have no words

#SEPTIPLIER

Xoxo, Alli