~Breakdown~

"My eyes are screaming for the sight of you, and tonight I'm dreaming of all the things that we've been through." —Suppose, Secondhand Grenade

Jack:

Soon enough, the doctors excused me from the hospital. Good thing, too. I was getting really sick of the hospital's smell and food. Also, every time someone sent me a pitiful smile, I wanted to shove their dick in their mouth. But that wouldn't be very polite or civil. Because that's what I am, apparently. Not.

Mark and I exited the hospital as I gripped his arm lightly, only a little bit weak. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to pass out in the middle of the road. Luckily, Mark had gotten me a fresh pair of clothes from my house so I was stinking from my clothes I was wearing while I was involved in the accident.

We hauled a cab and gave the driver the address to my place. I assumed Mark would be heading straight to the airport, but I was surprised to see his full suitcases stationed in my entrance room.

"What're these doin' here?" I asked groggily, resting my weight on the wall next to me while Mark made a path for me into the living room. He extended his arm and our fingers intertwined as he led me to the couch.

"I was thinking I could stay for a while..." Mark explained, rubbing the back of his neck, a nervous habit he had. I chuckled softly at his rigid body, running my thumb over his knuckles comfortingly.

"Of course you can stay. How long were ya thinkin'?"

"'Bout a month..."

Now, I was taken aback by this statement. I had assumed it would be a week or two, not a whole month.

"O-oh."

"Unless that's a problem..."

"No, no problem!" I raised my eyebrows and shook my head frantically. And really, there was no problem. I mean, sure, it was a surprise, but it's not like I didn't want him staying here with me. He is my boyfriend, after all. I was just shocked by the sudden decision. Mark wasn't really one to do things without a plan.

I looked over at Mark, and there was a expression of concern and doubt written bluntly across his face. I opened my mouth, and then closed it, dumbfounded on what to say. Why was this so tense?

"I'm just going to...take a quick shower," I stumbled across the phrase, running a hand through my messy, fading green hair. I lifted myself up from the couch, and took a step towards the hallway. Mark jolted out of his seat, reaching out for me.

"Let me come with," He pleaded, his eyes widened into a puppy dog face. My heart melted and my fingertips tingled as his skin made contact with mine.

"Y-you mean in the shower?" I stuffed, gulping while my heart raced, my chest rapidly rising and falling. My eyelids fluttered open and closed quickly, astounded.

"Well, no...Just to help you," Mark explained, his face a dark shade of red in embarrassment and completely flustered, probably mirroring something similar to mine.

"Oh, no, I'm okay," I told him, motioning for him to sit back down on the couch. Once he let the conversation fall, he dropped back down onto the couch as his eyes trailed after me while I limped into the bedroom. I pulled out some sweats and a shirt, setting them on the bed carefully before walking into the bathroom, grabbing a towel from the closet and shutting the door behind me. Taking off my clothes, I stared at myself blankly into the large mirror. My eyes scanned over my body, many bruises and marks on my body, some small and some large. There was one main, huge one that rested just above my hip. I drew in a breath, my heart catching in my throat as I willed myself not to cry. I haven't put much thought on the whole accident thing, I've been basically ignoring it. But now it was starting to take a toll on me. The thought that I almost died struck me, and I blinked back the tears that threatened to leak from my eyelids.

I turned the hot water on, so hot that it could burn my skin. I hissed, turning it cooler, but still pretty hot. After spending what felt like five minutes working on adjusting the temperature of the water, I stepped inside. Almost slipping on the slick tile, I caught myself on a ledge. I let out a sigh as the tears stained my cheeks, mixing with the water. A muddled, strangled sob escaped my lips and I collapsed onto the ground, holding my head in my hands. I barely heard the door open and Mark call out my name as he opened the curtain, turning off the water and wrapping his arms around me. He didn't seem to care that my naked, drenched body was seeping onto his dry body.

I don't remember being lifted out of the shower and carried into my room, dropped on my bed and being dried off with a towel. I also don't remember being dressed into the clothing I had set out, and then being brought into the living room and placed on the beige couch. The next thing I did remember was the television being turned on to a random movie and my body laid on top of Mark's body, his warmth seeping into me. Mark carefully draped a fuzzy blanket over us, and I cuddled closer to the man that held my heart.

"Baby, you okay?" Mark drew random patterns on my exposed skin of my arm, causing goosebumps to rise and my heart leapt at the pet name he just called me.

"Yeah, I'm fine now. I'm...I'm sorry," I sighed into his chest, closing my tired eyes and my body felt emotionally drained.

"For what?" Mark asked with raised eyebrows as he pulled me closer to him.

"For breaking down," I shook my head, looking up at him with pouty lips.

"It's okay..." Mark whispered, his eyes glued to my lips. I don't know what came over me, but the next thing I knew, my lips were attached to Mark's our lips moulding together, and I never wanted them to part again.

If this is what happened every time I broke down, I'd gladly do it every day.

***

heyyy look at me actually updating lol. i'm rly proud of this chapter like it actually has substance and there was some fluff in there too and aw mark and jack are so cute.

so..who wants smut? if so, expect some next chapter. ;))

Xoxo, Alli