Shopping!

During the last class of the day,I remembered that Amora and I decided that today was the day to abandon the soccer team on their big day and go shopping for homecoming.
As I turned to leave my last class I ran into Bryce,
"We have got to stop meeting each other like this" I said
"Hey,I did some research and it seems that your in the schools editorial team,mind writing an article on me?"  He asked,what a wannabe
"Not a chance bozo, I'm in a hurry so what's your deal?"I replied,clearly bored.
"I was wondering if you would go to lunch with me tomorrow evening" he asked hesitantly,
"You boys are all the same and I already have plans, so bye" I replied rolling my eyes.
What was up with that guy,it seems like he wanted something from me, I thought to myself as I went down the stairs to join Amora in front of the university gate.
After a minute or so I saw Amora beaming with excitement .

"Hey Amora,how was class today,any luck with your social project?" I asked,my mom all cheery.
"I am in no mood to talk about studies right now,come on let's get going, I have a couple of shops in mind" she said and dragged me towards the car.
she seemed super hyperactive today.
We got into the car and since our campus was located deep in the lush forest,we drove to the nearest city. We decided that most of the dresses from big branded shops would be expensive and worthless after the event so we were going through a bunch of thrift shops for exquisite stuff.
*after two hours of looking through dresses in a small thrift shop*

"Hey Amora,I have 2 dresses on my mind,what about you" I asked frantically,thinking about all the time we wasted playing dress up.
"I have a few dresses in my mind,you wanna do some trials?"she asked

"Wait,you and David are doing a color scheme right?"
David has been our friend since I could remember and last year he proposed to Amora to be his girlfriend and she accepted. At this point of time,I guess I'm going alone to the dance.

"Stop thinking and get into the trial room,I wanna see pretty dresses" she said excitedly.
I went into the corner trial room and tried on the turquoise and blue dress that had green crystals all over it looking like the wild ocean. As I come out of the stall to show Amora the dress, I saw how the dress made me look like an queen. What was wrong with me and queens, I laughed to myself......

"The dress is gorgeous,it brings out your slick black hair and your sun kissed skin seems to be glowing"she chirped with excitement.
I guess this was the one, but I wanted to try the other one also.
I went back into the trial room and removed the dress,careful not to unsheathed my blades. I tried on the next dress, a gorgeous Raven violet with strokes of dark purple,black and maroon making it look like an amethyst beauty. It was a floor length dress with white pearls on the top curve and black jewels that formed a belt around my waist,it stuck to my body showing off my curves and left me stunning.

The minute I entered the room in which Amora waited,she started screaming about how this dress was the one and that my eyes were glowing with the dress. I couldn't agree more, I loved the dress.
"I'm buying this one!" I said excitedly.
By the time I bought the dress and a pair of dazzling earnings, Amora was done selecting her dress without me.
She finalized a teal and blue ombré floor length dress with white peals as a border around her waist, the dress complimented her olive skin and blonde hair,but it did the most to her blue eyes that looked like the ocean.

Jaliyah's dress(it's not what I imagined,but it's close enough):

This is Amora's dress:

We dumped our shopping bags in the car and sat down in an ice cream outlet and Amora started the conversation

"Jaliyah, you've been acting weird lately and you weren't even that exited today, usually you're worse than me while shopping" she whispered.
It was true,I was the worst while shopping but I couldn't stop thinking about what Bryce asked me today morning.
"It's nothing important, it's just that Bryce asked me out and I ditched his offer and I also don't have a date to the dance"
"Why did you say no!Bryce seems to be a nice guy"Amora said hoping I would give it a shot.
"I guess I could but what if he asks me to homecoming?"
"Then say yes,you dummy!"Amora exclaimed
Amora did not take no for an answer,so she started pestering me about accepting Bryce's date and soon enough I gave in and called Bryce for that lunch tomorrow.

"Jaliyah,Now that that's over,why don't we check on the soccer game ?" Amora asked.
Well,it was a good idea to support our team.
We entered the local stadium to see what the game had led to,that's when I saw him,he was staring back at my violet eyes,Rhysand.