Dance of truth

It was homecoming and Jaliyah was wearing the prettiest dress on earth. Jaliyah,Amora,David and Bryce were seated on the lawn watching the game from the screen next to them. It was the last 2 minutes and their team was winning.

Jaliyah pov
This was it,the last 10seconds,which would decide our fate.....to dance for our victory or their victory.
10.....9.....8.....7.....6.....5.....4.....3.....2.....1....YAAAAY!!!! The crowd went wild and yes.....we won
Guess I'll be dancing for their failure.
We entered the gym,after all the students left and wow,the decorations were on point. There were banquet tables placed around the dance floor and our gang took one as our own. We went and grabbed a plate of chocolate covered strawberries and a bunch of chips. We sat down around our table and started talking...yeah we talk to much.
After some while Nyra and Hazel entered the hall in gorgeous short skirted dress.

Nyra and hazel have been my friends since last year and they are the biggest fangirls ever. Hazel was the first person I met and she is so talented,she's an awesome dancer and she's also writing a book called"a modern Cinderella". Nyra is the sweetest girl around but you do not...and I repeat..do not want to make her mad... but ,she has an awesome personality.
"Hey guys,sorry for not being there this whole week, I had to go to aunt cassandra for a family reunion"Nyra said
"Who's the newbie here?" Hazel says chirpily

"This is Bryce...he's gonna be tagging along for some time, he was this close to becoming Jaliyah's date to the dance,but she dumped him" Amora says showing a centimeter gap between her fingers
I could see Bryce burning red,if I was him,I would be embarrassed too. So to make him feel better I quickly said," he's my new friend,I think we all go well together. Mind if he tags on with our after party?"

"No prob,unless you guys have an issue" hazel said looking at Amora and David.
"Why'd we have a prob...we are the ones who invited him" they replied
"So who wants to DANCE!!!!"I said,breaking the dull mood

"Will you do the honor" I said looking at Bryce. Without a second glance he stormed me onto the dance floor and we mingled into the crowd. The DJ was playing crazy tunes and we were pumping our fists and jumping into the flashy lights around us.

*after an hour*
Ok,we realized that we needed a break so, we slipped out and settled down on the benches next to the food.
"*heavy breath* that.....was.....amazing" I said to the gang.
"You can say that again"David responded
"I think I broke a heel" Amora said all giggly
"You're drunk" I said back
"This was my first time attending a dance....I've never gone to any of my high school celebrations or prom...you guys made this the best first dance anyone could want" Bryce said

"Awwwww.....looks like someone's all mushy" I said and we all laughed.
The DJ stopped and there were a lot of groans around us, the lights dimmed and a slow song started. Guess that was our cue, I got up and dragged Bryce to the dance floor and started a slow dance.
"Wait,so you want to be my date?" Bryce asked awestruck
"God no....can't a girl dance with who she wants?" I replied teasingly

Once the song as over, there was a stop before the next song. A hand stopped on Bryce's shoulder and when Bryce turned I saw who it was.
"Can I have this dance?" He asked looking into my eyes,completely ignoring Bryce.
"You......" I didn't know what to say,
Bryce moved away,realizing his cue and Rhysand took his spot.

Rhysand placed his hands on my waist and the music started, I couldn't take my eyes off him,our eyes were locked.
My body moved in sync with his as we danced across the floor.
"What are you doing here with liar boy?" He asked keenly
"I'm doing what I want" I retorted
"Then why did you lie,Jaliyah Roselt" he said smirking
I shuddered and stiffened at that comment.....but that felling came up again,where did I recognize him from......I couldn't concentrate with his eyes,those dark gorgeous eyes piercing me.....that's when I remembered.....

"It's you" I said quietly
"Why did you lie to him,if you like him?" he asked,completely ignoring my comment
"It's you........how do you know that I lied to him?....it could be the truth"I said back
"Ok.....lets see, you know exactly who your parents are,you also know that they aren't gone and I'm sure they aren't the Roselts....the Roselts were your adoptive family and why did you take the names of the characters of your favorite book series as your parents, cause for all that I know, your parents were the Florests and not Whitethorns. You lived to see the world,you remember" he said calmly

I gasped at his knowledge of me....how could he be so right......
" I also know that you recognize me....from a far off time....it's true...trust you heart" he said with wildness in his eyes
"I....."I tried to speak but couldn't
"Shhhhhhh.....not now" he said,looking over his shoulder
I looked above his shoulder to see Amora and Nyra gawking at me,I snickered to myself.

After a collective breath,
"You scare me. Why didn't I know you till now?"I said charmingly
"That hooligan you're going out with isn't really an appreciable guy,you can do better than him" Rhysand said,leaning closer to my ear.
"You mean,I could do better with you?"I said sharply
"Cats have claws,seems like I forgot" he said smirking
I returned it with a scowl. I look around and realize that we were the only ones dancing. Oh god,Bryce was coming towards us, so I do the unthinkable, I kiss Rhysand.

"Wow......you're fast"he says
"Shut up, I had to do that, or else Bryce wouldn't let me live" I said back
We broke apart, I went back to Amora and Nyra who were staring like Hawks.....I couldn't see Bryce anywhere so I guess he eventually left.

Hey guys, it's me and I really hope you guys are liking my story.....I decide to make the whole homecoming part into 3 chapters.....also do you guys like Bryce or na.
I'm trying my best to reduce mistakes and I hope that you guys bear with my book.