Chapter 13

Draco's POV:

I nodded and Theo continued muttering spells.

She yelled again and her foot moved. Theo stopped and stood up.

"It's back in place. She needs to stay overnight." He said and walked out of the room.

A question suddenly popped into my head.

"Hermione?"

"Hmm?" She replied with her eyes still closed.

"What's your patronus?"

"An otter," she said. "What about yours?"

"An otter," I whispered.

She opened her eyes and smiled. She pulled me down next to her and kissed me. My body instantly warmed up so I kissed back. We kissed for what felt like seconds but ended up being ten minutes.

She gently pulled away and I adjusted us so I was laying next to her. She rested her head on my chest and I wrapped my an arm around her waist.

Soon her breathing became deeper and she fell asleep. I played with her hair until I felt darkness consume me.

~*~*~

I woke up to hear giggles that were defiantly not Hermione's. Hermione was still asleep with her head on my chest. I rubbed my eyes with one hand and started to sit up. I looked around and saw a giggling red head and a smiling scar face.

"Oi, what are you two staring at?" I asked slightly annoyed.

"They were just checking on the patient," Theo said from the corner.

Hermione shifted on my chest and opened her eyes.

"Ginny? Harry? What are you smiling at?" She asked.

"Sheesh Granger, brightest witch of our age, that's not really that hard to figure out," I laughed.

She looked at me and blushed. Her face turned so red she matched Weasle-ette's hair.

"I... uh..." She stuttered.

"It's ok Hermione, we were just leaving," Weasle-ette said, grabbed Potter's hand, and apparated.

I got up off the bed and looked at Theo. He had a smirk on his face but it quickly changed to a straight face when he looked at Hermione.

"Can you move your legs at all?" He asked her.

She moved her foot slightly but did couldn't do more.

"Just my foot," she replied sadly.

"How's your back?" He asked.

"It hurts when I move too much."

Theo nodded. "You have a chance at walking again, it's a small chance but it's still somthing. I will check you out with the Secretary, you may go now." He said to Hermione and walked out of the room.

I bent down, picked Hermione up and apparated to my house.

Hermione's POV:

Draco apparated us back to his house and I felt a sharp pain in my back. I cried in pain and Draco rushed me to the couch and laid me on my side.

"Hermione, are you ok?!" He asked.

"Ye-yes, my back still hurts but I'm ok," I replied weakly.

He knelt down beside me and kissed my cheek. I grabbed the collar of his shirt and lightly kissed his lips. He smiled at me and hugged me gently.

"You'll be ok. You'll get better, I will make sure of it," he whispered in my ear.