Chapter 25

Hermione's POV:

Draco picked me up off the bed.

"I'm starving. Can we go out for some food?" I asked.

"Yeah, where's your chair?"

"In the bathroom, by my wand," I replied.

He nodded and set me on the bed again. He went to the bathroom and came back with my stuff. He stuffed my tiny chair in his pocket and handed me my wand. I stuffed it in the side of my jeans and Draco picked me up.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

He apparated quickly. We landed in Paris and it took me a minute to catch my breath.

"You didn't... tell me... we're apparating," I said between breaths.

"Sorry," he said looking around.

When the coast was clear he held me around the waist so he had a free hand. He pulled my chair out of his pocket and made it bigger with his wand. He carefully set me in the chair and pocketed his wand.

He pushed my chair into a muggle restaurant.

"Draco?" A middle aged woman asked.

"Lorraine?" Draco asked looking at the woman.

She ran over and hugged Draco.

"Draco! It is so good to see you! How have you been?" She asked in a French accent.

"I've been good," he replied.

"How's Narcissa?" She asked.

Draco went silent for a moment then spoke up, "she passed away a few months ago..." he trailed off.

"I'm so sorry... how did it happen?" She asked quietly.

"She uh," he paused to clear his throat. "She did it herself, when my father went to prison."

I saw his eyes water I felt mine do the same. I wrapped my arms around his waist. He put a hand on my back a and held me close. I looked at the lady, she had her eyes closed and a tear streaming down her face.

She quickly wiped it away and opened her eyes. She looked shocked at the sight of me, then it changed to excitement.

"Draco! You brought a girl!" She exclaimed.

I jumped almost falling out of my chair when she yelled. She engulfed me in a hug and Draco chuckled.

"Well? Aren't you going to introduce us?" She asked Draco.

"Lorraine meet Hermione Granger," he said.

"Nice to meet you, dear," she said then whispered, "Draco's never brought a girl before."

I giggled then said, "nice to meet you too."

"Well if you're here you must be hungry," she said smiling.

I nodded realizing I haven't eaten in like two days.

"Well a table for two then," she said then squealed.

She lead us to a table and took away one of the chairs so I could move my chair in. Draco sat across from me and Lorraine handed us menus. Draco thanked her and she left chanting, "Dramione, Dramione, Dramione."

I giggled and Draco sighed.

"So... you know a muggle?" I asked smiling.

"She was an old friend of my mum's," he replied.

I nodded and looked at the menu. Draco took it from my hands.

"What was that for? You have your own," I asked.

"Nope, I'm picking for you," he replied with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes and looked around the restaurant. It was fancy but cozy. I don't know how that's possible.

Lorraine walked back up to the table and asked, "how about we start off with drinks?"

"Sweet tea," me and Draco replied at the same time.

I looked at Lorraine and she had the biggest smile on her face.