Chapter 31

Draco's POV:

"So... what did you guys do today?" Theo asked.

"Draco?" Hermione mumbled.

"Hmm?"

"Am I at the hospital again?" She said hiding her face in my neck.

"No, we're still at home," I replied softly.

I felt her relax and wrapped my arms around her.

"Hey Mione? You up for a trip around Diagon alley?" Theo asked.

"Yeah," she mumbled. "Just let me change my shirt, it's covered in blood."

She pulled her wand from her pocket and summoned her chair. She left to go to her room.

We waited until she came out and grabbed my arm. She apparated us to Diagon alley.

"What do you guys want to do first?"

"Well we could grab a bite to eat," Theo said and I nodded.

"Where at?"

"The Three Broomsticks," me and Blaise said at the same time.

She smiled and we went to The Three Broomsticks. We sat in the corner and ordered butterbeer.

"So...." Hermione said awkwardly.

"How are you feeling?" Theo asked.

"Oh, me?" She asked. "I'm doing fine, you?"

"I'm fine," he replied.

We finished our drinks in awkward silence.

"Where do you guys want to go next?" I asked.

"I was thinking Flourish and Blotts." Hermione said.

I paid and we left to the book store. We were walking along the empty street when a dark figure appeared about twenty feet away. I pulled out my wand as the figure walked towards us.

Theo pulled out his wand when the figure stopped. He was ten feet away, staring at us. He suddenly apparated and appeared by Hermione with a wand at her throat. The figure pulled off his hood revealing the one person I hated most.

"Hello, son!" He exclaimed.

"GET AWAY FROM HER!" I yelled.

He knocked Hermione out and disarmed me and Theo. I stood there, rooted to the spot. I was far too terrified to move.

"So you don't want me to cure her curse?" He asked mockingly.

"What are you talking about?" I asked angrily.

"I can cure the mudblood," he laughed. "After all it is a curse only the family knows. Why, your uncle is the one that gave it to her. He wouldn't stop talking about it after I got out."

I was shocked by what he was saying.

My father can cure her...

"So you can cure her?!" I asked.

He froze me and Theo and turned to Hermione.

"Of course I can... but I won't," he laughed. "I simply can't allow my only son to marry a Mudblood!"

I struggled against the binds keeping me frozen but had no luck. He roughly grabbed Hermione's arm and apparated.