Chapter 35

(Five days later)

Draco's POV:

I held Hermione's arm over my shoulder and put an arm around her waist. She told me she wants to walk.

I was supporting all her weight when I helped her off the bed. She tried to move her feet like she was walking but not having walked for a while made it difficult.

"Do you think we can leave soon?" She asked.

"I will ask Theo, but I think you should at least stay another day. I just want to make sure the curse is gone and you won't get hurt anymore," I replied.

"I'm ok, Draco. The cuts are almost gone and the curse hasn't reacted at all. I'm fine," she stated.

"I just want to make sure," I said softly.

"I need to sit down now," she said quickly.

I picked her up causing her to squeal. I carried her to the bed and sat down with her in my lap.

"When we get out we need to pack," I said.

"What, why?" She asked.

"I'm getting a new house and you want to come don't you?" I smiled.

"Why are you getting a new house?" She asked.

"Because I'm not going to live in that house anymore," I replied simply. "Too many bad memories."

She nodded and looked up at me. She smiled and I smiled back. She jumped up and smashed her lips against mine. I wrapped my arms around her and she tangled her fingers in my hair.

Someone cleared they're throat. Causing Hermione to jump off my lap. She fell on the ground so I went to help her. She held a hand out stopping me.

"I got this," she said.

She put one hand on my knee and the other on the bed. She slowly lifted herself with her legs and made it on the bed. I looked up and saw Theo, who had a smile on his face.

"Your doing great. You'll be walking in no time," he said. "Your being released tomorrow morning."

"Good, I've been in this hospital too many times this month," Hermione said with a smile.

Hermione's POV: (next morning)

"Can I leave now?" I asked.

"A healer who specializes in unforgivable curses will be in to check your cuts then you can leave," Theo replied.

I nodded and Theo left the room. Draco was getting us something to eat so I was alone in the room.

I lifted my shirt just enough to show my stomach. It was still covered in cuts because you can't use magic to heal any wounds given by an unforgivable. The few that actually healed left scars.

I traced one scar with my finger. It traveled across my entire stomach. I hated them all. My stomach was covered in not only cuts but bruises, making my skin purple and yellow. I dropped my shirt not wanting to look at my disgusting skin any longer.

Draco told me what happened to his father. I couldn't stand to know he received a kiss. I don't care what he did, no one deserves that. It was my fault Draco took him to the ministry.

Then I started thinking about Draco's house. We continued that conversation but he insisted on moving. I felt bad he's moving because of me. I understood why he had to move. I don't want to live there either, I've been tortured there twice.

I rubbed my left arm and felt a tear escape my eye. I quickly wiped it away but more came. They continued until someone opened the door. I frantically tried to wipe them away but they wouldn't stop.

"Hermione?" Draco said walking towards me.

He set the food on the end of the bed and rushed in front of me.

"Are you ok?! Is your stomach hurting?" He asked kneeling and taking my hands from my eyes.

"I'm ok, Draco," I gave him a small smile. "I'm not hurt."

"What's wrong?"

"I'm just thinking too much," I replied trying to avoid any more questions.

He nodded and handed me a burger.

"I found a muggle restaurant," he smiled.