Chapter 24

Hermione's POV:

I went to the bathroom and closed the door. I sat on the toilet seat and I shrunk my chair so it wouldn't take up the whole bathroom. I turned on the water to the tub and stripped off my clothes. With difficulty I moved myself to the tub.

When I finished I drained the tub and waited for the water to drain. I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around me. I tried to lift myself out of the tub but my hand slipped and bent behind my back. I cried in pain and Draco knocked on the bathroom door.

"Hermione, are you ok?" He called.

"I need help," I called back holding my arm to my chest.

He slowly opened the door looking away.

"It's ok, I'm covered," I said.

He looked at me and walked over.

"I can't get out, I hurt my arm," I explained.

He picked me up, managing to keep everything important covered. He carried me to my room and set me on the bed. Draco went to the cupboard he moved my stuff to and pulled out some clothes.

"Can you dress yourself?" He asked.

I tried to move my arm and groaned.

"No," I sighed.

He nodded and helped me get dressed. I could tell the whole time my face was red. No one had seen that much of me. Not even Ron, though he did try.

Draco pulled on my tank top last and picked up his wand. He pointed it at my arm and tried Episky. Nothing happened.

"I think you dislocated it," he said softly. "I will have to move it back."

I nodded and he put one hand on my shoulder. He put the other on my elbow and I held my breath. He quickly pushed up and I cried in pain. I felt tears flood my face. He let go and I moved my arm to my chest.

"Better?" Draco asked softly.

I nodded. Draco moved a hand to my face and wiped the tears away. I wrapped an arm around him still holding the other to my chest. He wrapped both arms around me and held me close.

"I love you, Hermione," Draco whispered in my ear.

"I love you too, Draco," I whispered.

He pulled back and kissed me. This wasn't a normal every day kiss. This was the kind of kiss you wait for your whole life, the kind in fairytales you read as a kid, the kiss only your true love could give you.

I held him closer and deepened the kiss. Draco's hands slid under my shirt. They slowly slid up. He stopped before they got to dangerous territory.

He pulled back and removed his hands.

"S-sorry," he stuttered. "I lost control."

"It's fine," I whispered.

"No, it's not. I'm sorry," he said quietly avoiding my eyes.

"Draco, Draco, look at me," I said sternly.

He slowly turned his head towards me and looked me in the eyes.

"It's OK. I don't mind," I said and smiled shyly.

He smiled back and picked me up off the bed.