Chapter 36

Hermione's POV: (1 week later)

Draco insisted on going out for dinner tonight. He seemed really excited about something.

I hurriedly put on a short, navy-blue dress and black flats. I curled my hair and walk out the bedroom door.

"Are you ready?" Draco asked offering his arm.

"Yes, let's go."

He apparated and I recognized Lorraine's restaurant. He grabbed my hand and led me inside.

"Draco! Hermione!" Lorraine yelled. She engulfed us in a hug. "Hermione, honey, your out of the wheelchair!"

"Yeah," I replied as she pulled back.

"Lorraine, can you show Hermione to her table so I may have a word with you?" Draco asked.

Lorraine nodded and took me to the table.

They both disappeared behind a door and left me alone for a bit. I tapped my fingers on the table and waited. It was at least ten minutes before they came back.

Draco was really relaxed as he sat across from me. We ordered and ate dinner. Some slow music started to play and some couples stood up to dance. Draco stood up and held his hand out.

"Care to dance?" He asked.

I smiled and put my hand in his. He pulled me to the dance floor and we danced. We danced to Story of my life making me smile.

At the end of the song Draco pulled something out of his pocket and knelt down. I looked at the object in his hand, a ring. My hand shot to my mouth.

"Hermione Jean Granger, you have made me the happiest man this past year. I am far too selfish and want to have you to myself. Hermione, will you do me the honor, of being my wife?"

I was shocked. I felt a smile break across my face.

"Yes," I whispered. "Yes!" I said louder.

He stood up and smashed my lips to his. He slowly slid the ring on my finger and pulled back to look at it.

"It's beautiful," I awed.

"Not as beautiful as the person wearing it," Draco replied.

I kissed him again but jumped beck when we heard the familiar squeal. I looked around at Lorraine who had a camera in her hands. Draco turned my head towards him again.

"I love you," he said before kissing me.