Chapter 16

Draco's POV:

I watched Hermione as she made her way to her room. I am extremely confused about why she started crying.

One second I'm tickling her and she's laughing. Then Potter came. He left and she cried for two hours strait. I don't understand.

Maybe Potter did something to her... then again yesterday's events were bound to set in eventually. Should I check on her? No, she wants to be alone.

I debate like this for ten minutes then decide I will check on her tomorrow.

I sit in the chair outside her door and fall into an uneasy sleep.

~*~*~

I wake up to load coughs coming from Hermione's room. I jumped out of the chair and tried Hermione's door. The knob wouldn't turn. I tried Alohomora but nothing happened.

The coughing continued and I heard loud gasps. I looked at the door, took a deep breath, and knocked it down.

I ran in the room to see Hermione was on the floor barely breathing. She had blood coming from not only her mouth and nose, but also her ears and eyes.

I looked around and saw her suitcase. I ran to it and pulled out a potion. I went back to her to see she stopped breathing. I quickly poured the potion in her mouth and made her swallow it.

I frantically searched for a pulse until I just gave up and put my ear to her chest. I could hear the extremely faint beat of her heart. I drew my wand and started muttering every healing spell I know. I felt a tear stream down my face. I couldn't lose her. Not here, not now.

She took a deep breath and I sighed in relief. I hugged Hermione to my chest and I didn't want to let go. She wasn't moving other than her chest rising and falling.

She groaned in pain and I sighed again.

"Hermione, never do that to me again," I breathed.

She started coughing so I helped her set up. I gently patted her back as she coughed blood. I picked her up and took her to the living room.

I ran to my kitchen cupboard and found a potion to heal internal bleeding. I ran back to Hermione and made her drink it.

I went back to the kitchen and got a rag. When I got back to Hermione the bleeding stopped and she stopped coughing. I started to wipe the blood from her eyes when she shook awake.

She shot up and started breathing deeply.

"Draco? What happened?" She asked putting a shaky hand to her forehead.

"Hermione, never do that to me again," I said siriously.

I gently pushed her back down and continued to wipe blood from her face.

"I-i don't understand," she stuttered.

"You didn't take your potion," I replied softly. "Please don't lock your door anymore, it was stuck and Alohomora wouldn't work. You stopped breathing for like thirty seconds. Please, don't do that to me again." I said not realizing I now had tears running down my face.

She sat up again wiping the tears from my cheeks.

"Please Hermione I think I like you. You can't make me lose you," I whispered.