Chapter 11

Draco's POV:

"Draco... I can't move my legs!" Hermione cried.

I didn't know what to do for a moment then I decided.

"Take your potion and I will take you to St. Mungos." I said softly.

She nodded and took the vile from my hands. I gently picked her up, again and she snuggled into me. I felt wetness on my neck from her crying. I ran to the fireplace and stepped into the green flames.

"St. Mungos!" I yelled.

When we arrived we heard whispers from all around.

"Hermione Granger? That's Hermione Granger! Is she with Malfoy?"

We ignored them and went up to the front desk.

"Excuse me-."

"Is that Hermione Granger?!" The lady asked.

"Yes, and she needs help!" I said trying not to get frustrated.

"Of course, what's wrong?"

"She fell and hit her back. Now she can't move her legs," I quickly explained.

"Ok, I will get a healer, wait here." She said and walked off.

We stood there for five minutes before I realized Hermione had passed out. The lady came back with Theodore Nott.

"Hey Draco, what are you- is that Granger?" He asked.

"Yes," I replied simply. "She hurt her back and can't move her legs anymore."

He nodded and gently took a sleeping Hermione from my arms.

"Sorry mate, you have to wait out here," Theo said and walked away.

I sat down in one of the waiting room chairs and waited. I decided I should tell Potter and Weasle-ette Hermione is in the hospital. I cast a patronus, which was an otter for me. I always wondered why. I sent it to Potter knowing Weasle-ette is probably with him.

After about five minutes Weasle-ette ran in and spotted me. She ran to me, grabbed the collar of my shirt and slammed me against the wall.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?!?" She screamed.

"I didn't do anything, Potter dropped her and she fell on her back. She can't move her legs." I said calmly.

Potter walked in with a worried expression on his face and spotted me and Weasle-ette. He gently pulled her off of me and stood in front of me.

"What's wrong with her? I just left," he asked quickly.

"Must I explain it again?" I complained. "When you dropped her, Potter, she hit her back too hard and now she can't move her legs."

His face looked like he just watched someone get tortured. He sat in a chair and hid his face in his hands. Suddenly his head shot up like he just remembered something important.

"Malfoy, do you know what Hermione's patronus is?" He asked.

"No, no I don't," I replied simply. "What is it?"

Potter looked at Weasley, she had a huge smile and Potter's face slightly brightened.

Just as I asked that Theo walked in the room. He had a glum expression.

I stood up and so did the others.

"I have good and bad news." He started. "The bad news first I guess, Hermione is paralysed from the waist down. I did a few tests, hospital policy, and found she has a strange curse, and she has been under stress over the past month."

"Ok what's the good news?" Harry asked.

"Well her legs can get better over time, it may be a while but they can get better." He said. "You guys can see her now, if you like, but she may be confused. She wouldn't calm down when we got back to the room so I had to knock her out."