Chapter 20

Draco's POV:

Hermione threw her arms around my neck and snuggled into me. I smiled and hugged her back. Then I remembered she needs to sleep.

I sighed and picked her up. I went to her room to find her bed was covered in blood. I took her back to the living room and set her on the couch. I pulled out the green vile and looked at her.

"Theo said when you get home you need to sleep," I said quietly.

She nodded and took the vile from my hands. She quickly downed it and got comfy. She looked at me until her eyes fluttered closed. I conjured a blanket and covered her. This time if her curse attacks I will be here for her.

The problem with the potion is it's the kind where she will get as much sleep as she needs no matter what. I couldn't wake her up unless she's ready to wake up. I pulled a chair beside her and sat down. I felt darkness consume me extremely fast.

~*~*~

I woke up to silence. I looked at Hermione who was still peaceful. I smiled at that. I don't think I've ever woke up to a peaceful sleeping Hermione.

I leaned over and softly kissed her lips. She smiled in her sleep. I smiled and got up to make food. I instantly thought tacos, and got to work.

When I finished eating I looked at the time, 7:00 p.m. It  has been nine hours since we left the hospital and eight and a half since Hermione fell asleep.

I stared at her for a while and nothing happened. I got up to take a shower when her nose started bleeding. I ran to get one of her potions and gave it to her. I relaxed when her nosebleed stopped. I left to take a shower.

Hermione's POV: (nine hours later)

I woke up to a kiss on my lips, I instantly knew it was Draco so I kissed back. I could tell this shocked him but he got over it pretty fast.

Draco finally pulled back and smiled. His smile quickly changed to terror when I felt something run down my face from my eye. He ran out of the room so I touched my face and my hand came back red.

Draco came back with my potion and I drank it. Soon the bleeding stopped and Draco wiped my face off.

"You have to take your potion more than once a day now... you have an attack about every nine hours." Draco said.

"How long was I out?" I asked worried about the answer.

"About eighteen hours," he replied.

"Wow," I breathed. "What time is it?"

"6:19 a.m." he replied.

"Hmm... got any firewhisky?" I asked.