Chapter 4

Aiden was friendly with me at school and asked me to start sitting with them at lunch again. I did as he asked and sat between him and a girl who didn't seem pleased with my appearance. We talked at lunch and when we bumped into each other in the halls but that was about it. It was nice having my best friend back even if it wasn't exactly how it used to be.

Adeline and Spencer were at my house once again doing their homework while I supervised them making sure they don't kill each other.  I sat next to the window which Spencer insisted I keep open. I was in a hoodie and shorts not understanding how he was hot.

"Camryn listen to me it's hotter in here than actual Hell."

Laughing at what Spencer said I looked over and saw Aiden sitting at his computer looking very stressed. He looked up long enough for us to make eye contact and I waved at him. Instead of waving back Aiden waved at me to come over.

I held up a finger telling him to give me a minute. "Hey, guys I'll be back in a second try not to murder each other."

Why does he want me to come over? I mean what could he be wanting me for? I went ahead and made my way over because I was just curious. He met me at his door and said "I could really use your opinion on something." He grabbed my wrist lightly and pulled me towards his room.

When we got up there I saw a binder and there was a picture from 4 years ago of Camdyn and me. I ran my fingers over his face and I felt the tears rimming my eyes. Aiden noticed because he shut the book and pulled me into a hug "I'm sorry Camryn."

I pulled away "It's okay I just wasn't expecting to see it." I opened the black binder back up and saw there were a lot of pictures of nature scenes but the only people in the pictures were me and my dead brother.

I miss him. "These are amazing." He looked up but the look on his face made him look panicked "What is it?"

He sat down "That's my portfolio for college. I've been working on it for five years and I have no good pictures of actual people except for the few of you-" he stopped for a second and said, "Would you do me a favor?" I slowly nodded my head nervous about what he would ask. "I need more pictures of people and you're the perfect model."

He wants me to what? As flattered as I was I knew I wasn't as pretty as the other girls. I knew there were better options. I think he noticed my hesitation because he continued to plead his case "Please Cami, you're beautiful and fun and we can do it whenever you are free. You can pick out outfits and hair and makeup. Whatever you want, please. Trust me I can work with anything you want. It won't even be hard to make you look perfect." he looked desperate and I couldn't say no. To top it all off he called me Cami and I don't hear that often.

"Okay, I will." He smiled and said his thank-yous. I went to turn around to sit down but ended up spinning in a full circle, looking back to him, and saying "You think I'm beautiful." He just nodded his head with that signature smirk on his face. Oh lordy, what have I gotten myself into?

About two minutes later I got a message