Chapter 15

The rest of the week went by without anything exciting. Everything was relatively normal for the group.

My father got the beach house all fixed up so the living room was once again furnished. I invited  Aiden, Spencer, and Adeline to come down with me for the weekend. We were all planning on driving down Friday night.

With Friday night being tomorrow after school and me being bored I decided to go grocery shopping for the beach house. It was a last-minute decision so I didn't even bother putting my contacts in.

I know what you're thinking "Omg she wears glasses? I had no idea." Which I'll sarcastically reply back with "That's the entire concept of contacts." My hair was in a messy bun that was half way fallen out, I had no makeup on, and my sweats were about two sizes too big.

"Oh looky the ugly get uglier." I turned to see Brianna who I shouldn't even have to respond to but my comeback was too good to waste.

"Oh looky the conceited get even farther stuck up their own ass." She scoffed and walked away so I finished my own shopping.

I spent a lot more money than I was expecting but there was absolutely no food at the beach house and I'm sure after this weekend that we would all spend more time out there. I handed my dad's Debit Card over to the cashier who demanded to see my ID.

My name was on the card because while my dad kept a hold of it, it was the card he always gave to me to buy things with. The older woman scoffed as she handed me my receipts and didn't bother to help me with my bags.

I tried to quickly get them into the cart and pack them into my car so I could drive out to the beach house and back before midnight. It was 9 o'clock and it was a forty-minute drive there and back. That gave me about an hour and a half to get all of these things unpacked.

The ride there and back was quiet and it took me only fifteen minutes to unpack all of the groceries I bought and about ten more minutes admiring the new furniture.

I got back home and dropped down on the bed going to sleep. The quicker I fall asleep the quicker I'll be on the beach.

I woke up feeling like my head was going to explode. The day was slow and dragged on and on. I thought we'd never get to the beach.

Thankfully though the day did end and the time for the beach did come. Everyone met at my house and Spencer demanded on driving his car as well as mine and that Adeline rides with him so he wasn't alone.

"Hey Addie I hope it's cool with you if we stop by my house on the way because I forgot a few things." she shook her head and sent Spencer a smile.

"How far is this beach house Cami?" I thought on it for a minute trying to consider traffic.

"About an hour with traffic and forty minutes without." he nodded "I'll send you the address so you can get there since you're stopping." Spencer nodded to me again and held the car door open for Adeline.

Aiden and I both got into my car and as I backed up Aiden spoke: "Since when does he call her Addie and hold the door for her?"

I let out a small laugh "Since when do they flirt and stand with his arm around her waist at parties?"

"True." We both laughed and I was anxious to ask if he had decided on what we would be. I didn't because I knew it wasn't the right time. Especially since I wasn't sure what I wanted us to be.

After a few minutes, I heard Aiden's soft snore. It's something I used to make fun of him for but now I find it cute. He didn't wake up when we reached the beach house so I left the car running while I took my bag and Aiden's into the house.