Chapter 18

I woke up feeling cold. I rolled over to see that I was now alone. Aiden must have left during the night while I slept. I rolled to my back and the events of the night flashed through my head.

I remember kissing him and the way it made me feel complete. I touched my lips remembering the way he felt. The night was perfect. When I was with him I was always happy. Being with him was easy and I never wanted to be without him. Sleeping in his arms felt natural and kissing him felt like something I've been missing out on for way too long.

I was still in my outfit from the date so I decided to take a shower and change into something a little more comfortable. It was now Sunday meaning there was school tomorrow and we all have to return to reality.

I let the water wash over me as I thought of my future with Aiden. I had an amazing time with him last night but I don't know if he did. I begged him to stay with me but he was gone by morning. I wasn't trying to read too much into it because I know I'd come up with some crazy reasons.

I got out of the shower after far too long and dried my body. I threw on a t-shirt and some running shorts to stay comfortable. I hopped down the stairs while drying my hair with a towel. Adeline was sitting at the counter eating cereal and scrolling through her phone.

"How was your date?" I pulled out a different cereal and ate it without milk.

"I had a good time. It was a lot of fun just being together and learning everything about each other all over again." I sent her a small smile.

"He's outside if you want to talk to him."

I left the box on the table and made my way to the back porch. I stepped off of the pavement and felt my feet sink into the sand. I could see Aiden ahead of me sitting near the shore. I hesitated to walk forward but I knew I wanted to talk to him. I wasn't sure what I was going to say but I knew I had to try.

As I approached Aiden he turned to me and smiled "Good morning Sleeping Beauty."

"Good morning." I sat next to Aiden close enough that our legs brushed together.

"I didn't mean to make it appear as if I had left you but I wanted to spend some time out here alone before we left." I looked over to him suddenly embarrassed that I had interrupted his alone time.

"I'm sorry, I'll go." I went to stand up but Aiden pulled me back down and closer to him.

"I don't want to be alone anymore." I nodded and rested my head on his shoulder.

"I had a great time last night Aiden but tomorrow we return to school and I don't want to read into the events of last night too much. I don't want to expect something to come out of our date that I shouldn't." I was very straight forward but I deserved to know.

"Cami, I honestly don't know. Last night was perfect and when we kissed it felt right. But you make me lose all self-control. When I'm with you I just want to pull you closer. Sometimes I'm not sure if I'll be able to stop kissing you."

Aiden's face was only an inch from mine now and I was holding my breath. I wasn't sure why but it was like I couldn't get it out.

"What if I told you I wouldn't mind it? I wouldn't mind if you never stopped." It was almost silent and my heart was beating out of my chest.

"If I don't stop I don't know how far I'll push it. You're so irresistible Camryn. I don't know if I'll ever stop." I could still feel how hard my heart was beating and how close we were wasn't helping anything. Before either of us could speak again Spencer came out and told us we should probably get a head start on getting home due to incoming storms. We both went our separate ways so we could pack up all of our things. I packed all of my things into the car and waited in the driver's seat.