Epilogue

I straightened my short hair and I had to admit I loved the way it looked. My dark hair is now sitting right above my shoulder and something about it made me more confident.  I used to always think my long hair was something that made me beautiful but after cutting it I knew it didn't matter. Being with Aiden has changed me completely.

I ran my hands down my white dress and put my gown on over it. Today I graduate with my three best friends and I've never been happier. We're all planning on attending the University of California in the fall.

I walked downstairs where Aiden was talking to my dad. I stopped when I heard them talking about me. I shouldn't eavesdrop but I was curious and it got the best of me.

"I need you to promise me that you will keep her safe when you're in college. I've already lost my boy I can't lose her too, she is all I have left. " Without skipping a beat Aiden replied.

"She is my everything sir. I'll protect her with my life I promise you that." I couldn't help but smile at his words. I came down the stairs hoping they wouldn't realize I had been listening.

"You ready?" I nodded my head his words and kissed my dad on the cheek.

"We're going to go out to eat so I'll meet you at the school later."

Aiden and I got in his old truck and drove down to Archie's.

"Adeline spent all morning at Spencer's so they're going to meet us there."  After prom, they began dating and you can see a difference in both of them. They all but radiate happiness and I'm so happy for the two of them.

When we got to Archie's we all ate and talked. It was weird knowing that after today we wouldn't be in high school anymore. Thankfully we would all be in school together next fall. It was going to be hard to walk away from this town. I was born and raised here. I met the boy I love here and I went through the hardest moments of my life here.  I lost my big brother on the roads of this town but I knew it was going to be hard to not be here. After eating Spencer and Adeline left to go see some friends so Aiden and I hopped back into his truck.

Aiden drove to the cemetery and we walked to Camdyn hand-in-hand. I sat in the grass in front of his headstone and Aiden stayed behind me.

"You should be here bubba and I know that but I know that you would be proud of me. I finished at the top of my class and I got accepted to the University of California. I am happy again and I know you would be happy for me too. I love you so much, I always will." I didn't let myself cry today because today was a happy today. Today I was going to celebrate that we got through everything.

"I'll protect her with my life Camdyn. You were right all those years ago, I fell in love with the girl that I swore was just a friend." Aiden pressed a kiss to my temple and then helped me from the ground. "I love you Camryn Penelope Louis, always have always will."

"I love you Aiden."

We both got back in Aiden's truck and went to the high school. It felt like it was no time until my name was being called to give my speech for valedictorian.

"When I started to write this speech I didn't know what I wanted to say so I broke it down into categories.

To the graduating class: You did it, this part is over. Many of us will continue our education and the rest of us will go straight into the workforce, both of these options are good. Don't let people convince you that college is the only choice. Don't let people convince you that graduating high school isn't an accomplishment because it really is, not everyone can or will do it and you did.

To the kids in the audience who have yet to graduate: High school sucks but it can also be amazing. I realized way too late that there is more to being a teenager than grades. It paid off in the end but I missed out on so much. So be young while you are because it is so worth it but don't brush school off it's worth it too. You can get through anything if you try hard enough.

To the teachers: In high school students are expected to treat all adults with respect but we are almost adults too so just remember to get the respect you must give respect even when you are the one in charge. I've wanted to say that for four years.

To the parents: Give us kids a break. School is harder than it used to be and new technology makes things harder. A lot of teenagers have grown up with this specific type of person they are supposed to be and it's is the worst.

To my brother:  This is all for you Camdyn. I love you and I cant wait to see you again one day."

After everyone got their diplomas and we stood  I turned and looked back at Aiden and he mouthed that he loved me.

Four years ago today I was completely broken but today I am happy and in love. I am living my dream and I had my brother looking over me every step of the way. Things weren't perfect but I'm going to make the best of everything.

A/N

It's been over 6 months (1/9/18) since I finished publishing this story and while I hoped it would blow up I didn't expect it to and it didn't but I'm still very proud of myself for even finishing it. As I'm writing the ending that I should've written to being with my hands are quite literally shaking. I know it's because now I actually feel like I am finishing this story  and giving it the ending it deserves.

Thank you for anyone who read and supported my story I genuinely appreciate it. If anyone would like bonus chapters or anything leave a comment and I may do that.

Hope you enjoyed! Thanks for reading XOXO