Chapter 19

5 months later

Things have been amazing with Aiden since we got together. Things are back to normal but even better if that makes any sense. He makes me the happiest I have been in a long time and if I could change the way things happened 4 years ago, we would have never drifted apart in the first place.

Spencer and Adeline have become the best friends I never knew I needed. We continued our weekly study sessions even though they flirt like there's no tomorrow. The two of them have been getting awfully close lately but Aiden told me not to draw attention to it just yet.

Izzy has made sure to text me at least once a week and I have been keeping her updated on my relationship with Aiden. Including how every time we're together he takes at least one picture of me. He says it's because his portfolio can never have enough pictures of me in it.

Being a month away from prom has been making all of the girls go absolutely insane. I've heard the words dress, color, and coordinate more time in the last 3 months than I care to express. As for me, I haven't even peeked into a dress shop. Aiden hasn't asked me and I don't know if that is out of the normal for couples.

Honestly, we haven't even talked about prom. At the moment I'm driving to the mall to pick up Aidens' birthday present. His is on the thirteenth of March which is three days away.

Our mall has a movie store that almost every movie you can think of and if it doesn't they can more than likely find it and have it shipped to their store. I ordered Aiden's favorite movie through the store. Recently I found out that Aiden didn't own his favorite movie and hadn't been able to even watch it in a few years.

The store helped me track down a copy and order it. I have been impatiently waiting for it to come in not knowing for sure if it would make it in. A kid I go to school withstood behind the counter and sent me a smile knowing why I was there.

"Aiden is going to croak when he realizes what you got him." I laughed at his joke while handing over my money.

"Thank you, Micah."

I walked out of the store with Aidens present in hand and more than ready for his birthday. He had already given me a speech about how he did not want to do anything for his birthday and that yes he knew it was his 18th birthday but he did not care. His birthday falls on a Tuesday this year but I was hoping to at least do something small the weekend before.

I went home and wrapped Aiden's present. He said he was coming over tonight so I slid it under my bed to keep it out of sight. I got into bed not feeling well hoping the nauseousness would go away before Aiden showed but it didn't. Almost fifteen minutes later there was a knock at the door and I walked inhumanly slow.

I opened the door to a very energetic Aiden. "How was work?"

"It was great. I made almost a hundred dollars in tips alone. The place was packed all day which was a little stressful but worth it."

I nodded along hoping it didn't appear like I was ignoring him.

"What's wrong baby?" Baby? He's never called me that before and I noticed the way my body reacted to it. My face got warm and the butterflies came rolling in.

"I just don't feel very good right now." Aiden stepped forward and wrapped his arms around me. I laid my head on his chest taking in the mixture of cologne and lemon detergent.

"Have you eaten dinner yet?" I shook my head "Do you think that may help?" I shrugged my shoulders. He pulled away enough to look down and see my face "Do you want me to make you something?" I nodded. Aiden brushed a hair away from my face and kissed my forehead before backing away.