Chapter 12

"Dad, I don't know when I'll be home." he turned to look at me and smiled.

"You look beautiful, just like your mother in college." His smile turned sad. They don't see each other often and honestly, I haven't seen her in 4 months and 6 days, but who's counting.

"This is her jacket." He stepped forward and hugged me.

"Stay out as late as you would like. I'm so happy you are being a kid again. Just shoot me a text if you decided to stay at a friend's house or if you and your friends need a ride home." I nodded as he spoke.

"Yes, sir. I love you." he cracked another smile

"I love you too Penelope."

I turned to Aiden and motioned to leaving and he nodded. We walked out and I closed the door behind me.

"He was right you know? You are beautiful." I smiled and shook my head while walking past him. We both got into Aiden's stepdad's car and it was awkwardly quiet.

"Why did you invite me?" Aiden stopped backing up and looked at me.

"I like to spend time with you Cami. Is that so bad?" I smiled and shook my head. He smiled back before backing out of the driveway. "That's good because well I like it."

"So I have to admit I've never been to a real party with alcohol. I mean in middle school we would go to the beach house and drink but it was never a party of more than four people." I was nervous to say anything because were seniors and before the accident, I would've died to be at a high school party.

"Okay, there are a few things I want you to know. First, don't let anyone else make your drink except Spencer or me. Second, don't sit your cup down unless you are done with it. The assholes we go to school with have spiked a few drinks and I don't want you to die or anything. Third, I know I asked you to come with me but you're also entitled to do whatever the hell you want so, will you save me at least one dance?" I put my pinky in front of him.

"I pinky promise." his smirk showed as he wrapped his pinky around mine.

We showed up at the party and I was starting to get nervous. "You said that I was allowed to do whatever the hell I want even though you asked me to come." he nodded so I knew he was listening "So, does that mean you're going to do whatever the hell you want."

I was bouncing my leg from nerves "What I want to do is spend time with you."

"Come on." I nodded and followed Aiden up to the porch.

The music was loud and the smell of alcohol was a little overwhelming. Aiden intertwined his fingers with mine and I looked down at them before looking at his face. He pulled me into the kitchen where Spencer and Adeline were talking and standing rather close. As we approached them I cleared my throat and Adeline jumped back. I couldn't help but laugh at their embarrassment.

Aiden said something in my ear about a drink so I just nodded my head. I stepped forward and gave both Adeline and Spencer a hug. "I'm so glad you came Camryn I never have a girl to dance with."

I grabbed Adeline's hand and pulled her to the living room "Then let's dance. Spence tell Aiden where I went."

The music was up loud and everyone was jumping around to the chorus of Crying in the Club. I didn't stop pulling Adeline until we were in the center of the room. We danced along with the rest of the room and when the song ended I felt someone behind me with their hands on my hips.

I turned around expecting it to be Aiden but it was Jason. "Get your hands off me."

He grabbed my hips and pulled me to him making our fronts touch "You know you want me."