Chapter 14

Aiden drove as we both sang along with the radio. We were both being goofy like we used to and I haven't laughed this much in a long time. Aiden pulled into the parking lot of Archie's and I jumped out.

Aiden and I ordered our food and I told him more about what happened with my mother. I told him how I was feeling. I told him everything.

"You know Cami I think that with everything that's happened you have a lot of good waiting for you." I sent him a smile. I wish it was easy for me to believe him but for me, it just wasn't.

Aiden drove us home after I paid for our food. I knew I had a conversation waiting for me in the house.

Aiden walked me to the door and told me goodnight before driving off. I walked in and froze when I noticed my dad was sitting at the island in our kitchen with a bottle of scotch.

"Did you fall off of the wagon?" The last time he drank he blacked out and couldn't remember the past week.

"No, I thought about it. She left us, Penelope. Part of me has been waiting for it but I still held hope. I pulled this bottle out of the cabinet with the intention to drink my problems away but I thought of you and I couldn't do it. You deserve at least one good parent."

I walked behind my dad and hugged him. I felt his body begin to shake and a sob escaped his lips. I held my father the same way he held me at Camdyn's funeral and I let him cry.

After a few minutes I sat in the seat next to him and we talked for what felt like hours. He explained to me that he signed the divorce papers today and all that my mother wanted was the money she had earned the last four years, all of her belongings and for my father to sign the car he bought her over to him. She had been putting all of her paychecks into a separate account since Camdyn passed away and only spending money from their joint account. She took all of her possessions when she left earlier and signed the house and the beach house over to my dad.

She was officially out of our lives and I hoped she choked on the words she said to me when she left.

I also convinced my dad to get furniture for the beach house and he said that it would be ready by the weekend. I decided to go to bed when my dad passed out on the couch.

When I got to my room I opened my window to see Aiden's open. He was in his room shirtless punching his punching bag. Can I just say Oh My Gosh that's hot? I whistled to get his attention and when he turned I let out a small laugh.

"You know I may have been drunk last night but I don't take back the comment about you being hot. It still stands." I winked and closed my window and blinds.

I fell into my bed and sleep took over quicker than normal.

"Get your skinny butt up Missy!" I looked up at a face I haven't seen in a very long time.

She was smiling down at me "Well do I get a hug or what?" I jumped up and wrapped my arms around her neck "Izzy what are you doing here?"

We sat on my bed facing each other "Well I was on my way to my parents and I thought 'I miss my baby sister I should go see her'. So here I am." I jumped up from my bed

"Don't move."

I rushed downstairs and up to Aiden's doorstep. I knocked and his mother answered "Is Aiden here?" she nodded and pointed towards his room. I half walked - half ran up to his room and knocked on his door.

I stood there for a minute but he didn't answer. I cracked the door open to see him cuddled up with a pillow and I audibly awed. I tip-toed over to him and sat down slowly next to him. He stirred a little and turned to where he was facing me. I nudged his arm a little "Aiden, wake up."