Chapter 16

I woke up smiling.

The sun was shining through my window and I rolled over to see Izzy going through my closet "Oh my gosh Iz! What are you doing?"

She quickly turned to me "Hey Cam. I'm sorry to wake you but I knew you were here and I'm looking for one of my old dresses."

I stood up and stretched "Okay well if it isn't in there it may be back at the house."

Izzy shook her head "I already went and looked. It's not back at my apartment and it's not at my parent's house. It has to be here."

"I'll go check in Camdyn's closet it's possible it was put in there to make sure it got to you." I didn't wait for Izzy to answer before going down the hall. I knocked on the door but there was no reply.

I stood outside the door for a second trying to think of what to do. I was drawing a blank so I knocked one more time before I slowly opened the door. I saw Aiden laying on his stomach. Shirtless.

I turned to the closet quickly and opened it. Since I had no idea what I was looking for I had to go piece by piece of clothing to find a dress. To my dismay, I started on the wrong end so when I was close to the end I found it. I turned around to sneak back out when Aiden stirred awake.

"Cami?" I visibly cringed as I spun on my heels back towards him.

"Yes." Aiden wiped the sleep from his eyes.

"What are you doing in here?" I held up the dress.

"It's for Izzy. She left it here before and I told her I would look in here for it while she looked in mine." He nodded and yawned.

"That's nice of you. I think I'm going to make breakfast for everyone." Aiden stood and stretched and I quickly turned back to the door in hopes to leave. "About last night, I don't regret it. I hope you don't either." I shook my head and all but ran out of the room. 

When I got into my room I quickly shut the door behind me and leaned against it. "What is wrong with you? Oh my dress, thank you." I handed her the dress and began to pace the room.

"I kissed Aiden." Izzy squealed "Isabella Renee Cordin, hush." Izzy laughed.

"So what happened?" I continued to pace my room not knowing what else to do.

"Well we kissed twice before last night and I had told him I liked him. I told him it was his turn to make the move. Well, last night we went skinny dipping except not naked. Once we got back in the house and changed we got to talking. Things got flirty and I told him to kiss me. We made out, a lot. Afterward, things were a little awkward and when I was getting your dress he was asleep. I didn't want to wake him but when I was leaving he woke up. He told me he didn't regret it and then I practically ran out of the room like a coward."

Izzy laughed "Sweetie you need to go talk to him."

"And say what Izzy? That I have had a crush on him for the last six years and I was always too much of a scaredy-cat to say anything?"

Izzy nodded her head "You don't have to say the six year part but yeah."

I looked at myself in the mirror in front of me. My long hair was in its natural waves and the oversized sweater made my shorts almost invisible. "He is going to think you are beautiful no matter what you are wearing."

I nodded to her and left my room. I walked as slow as humanly possible. When I finally reached the kitchen I saw Aiden facing away from me. He was humming while making pancakes. "You better make more than just chocolate chip."

Aiden turned to me and laughed "I know how you like your pancakes, Cam."

I smiled at him and wanted to talk but I didn't know how to start. After a minute Aiden slid a plate over to me a sat another plate aside for himself. I didn't talk at first as I ate.