Chapter Fifteen: Management & Touring

“Yeah, a lot people showed up, almost a hundred,” Chase bragged to the group of guys that were gathered around him.

            They were blocking the doorway so I had to shove through to get to my seat.

            “Woah, no need to be so pushy,” Chase called after me but I ignored him.

            I set my bag next to the desk and plopped down next to Blake, who was checking his emails.

            “What’s up?” I asked him.

            When he didn’t respond for another moment, I figured, Okay, just ignore me.

            “Oh, hey, sorry,” he apologized.

            I pointed to his phone. “Important stuff, huh?” I said sarcastically.

            “As a matter of fact, yes. Check out this email I got,” he handed me the phone.

            The sender was from Eighty One Twenty Three Management and it said, as follows:

Hi, there. One of our representatives was at the show your band, ‘On the Brightside’ played last week. He was very impressed with the performance and would like to meet with you to discuss matters of managing your band. Please call the following number: 602-846-7789 if you’re interested. We look forward to speaking with the band. Thank you.

            “Wow, I don’t believe this!” I gave him back his phone.

            “I know right, just think, someone wants to manage us. This is terrific!” he looked extremely happy.

            “So, when are we going to call the company?” I questioned.

            “Probably later today.”

            “Did you tell the other guys?”

            “Yeah, I just texted all of them. And, I already told Ryan, anyway,” he motioned to where Ryan was standing in the corner of the room talking to another guy.

            “Awesome, so it’s a go?”

            “It’s a go!”

            The final late bell rang and everyone scurried to their seats.

            Surprisingly, Chase didn’t try to talk to me the entire class period, except for when the bell rang and he said, “So, how many people were at your show? Like 15?”

            I put my hands on my hips. “Actually, the place was packed. There were at least a hundred people there. Blake even posted pictures of Facebook if you don’t believe me.”

            He looked puzzled. “Hmmph, I’ll have to see those.” After that, he just walked out without saying another word to me.

            “Weirdo,” I muttered and walked to my next class.

            Some guys just drove me nuts.

            The rest of the day went pretty normal, I ate lunch with Hannah and we dropped by Chipotle after school.

            “So, tell me all about you and Ryan,” she waggled her eyebrows.

            We were waiting in a line, behind about fifteen people and my stomach was growling. All I’d eaten for lunch was maybe ten fries.