Chapter Twenty: American Kids

Hey guys! So I didn't really know what to call this chapter, but I absolutely LOVE the song. You can listen to it if you click on the video to the right. Let me know what you think of it :) Also, before I forget, check out this girl I dedicated the chapter too, her stories are really, really good! 

I laid there in the bed thinking: what in the world have I done? No, me and Ryan didn’t sleep together or anything, I promise, we were watching a movie and then fell asleep. Okay, more like making out while the movie was playing but whatever.

            My point is, I don’t think this is going to work with me and Ryan. All he wants to do is sneak around. So, as much as I hate to believe it, we were basically like friends with benefits. Man, love freaking sucks.

            Anyways, I had to break up with him. It just didn’t seem right to have this ‘relationship’ or whatever he liked to call it. The hard part was that I had to do this without any of the guys in the band getting suspicious. I had to pretend like there had never been anything between us.

            I checked back again to make sure that Ryan was still asleep. He was, so I quietly got out of bed, grabbed my bag and headed out of the marina.

            After I pulled my phone out of my bag, I realized that I had three messages waiting for me from Hannah.

Are you okay?

Where are you, I’m getting worried…

Okay, text me…I stayed for the night with the guys in a hotel by the beach. It’s the Sleep In one, I’m in room 206 on the fourth floor.

            Okay, I assumed that Hannah’s night had been uneventful since she was giving me her room number. She certainly wouldn’t have given it to me if, she and someone, well, you know…

            Clutching my phone in my hand, I made my way to the hotel and up the elevator. I double checked to make sure that Ryan hadn’t called me yet. Nope.

            This was good; I wasn’t in the mood to address him. At least, not at that moment.

            I found Hannah’s room and knocked on the door.

            It opened in an instant. She was still in her pajamas and held a cup of coffee. “There you are, come on in!” she motions me inside. “I was worried sick about you,” she sits on the edge of the bed.

            “Please, you sound like John,” I joked.

            “Seriously, what happened? Where have you been? I need to know!” she takes a sip of her coffee.          

            “Calm down, Hannah. I was with Ryan, in his boat,” I explained.

            “Wait, you and Ryan were in a boat, together?” she pauses. “Alone, together?”

            “Yes, it’s his family boat, and nothing happened,” I look down at the ground.

            She narrows her eyes at me. “Spill.”

            I sighed, “We just basically made out, and then we fell asleep. It didn’t go anywhere past that.”

            She frowns.

            “I need to break up with him, Hannah,” I finally blurt out.

            “Whoa, slow down. You had a nice make out session and now you want to break up? What did I miss?”